My Star Wars weapon collection (added: Aluminium Replica EE-3)

BradWright

I'll Start with sharing todays current project, airsoft based e-11 Blaster. Ill photograph and share the rest of my meagre collection.

As the airsoft itself isn't great for it's authenticity, I decided to not concern myself with super accurate parts.More so, to keep costs of the build down.

The grips are Roys, Ive given it a coat of wrinkle paint, which is a bit patchy. Either down to the humidity here or my inability. but it gives a sense of used polished areas from soldiers hands.
e11_01.jpg
e11_02.jpg
I found 2 cheaper counters which seemed to be very passable, and at only 9euros, I snapped them up. I opted to fabricate the power cylinders. Which are magnetised The capacitor is obviously a touch too big! Though it looks awesome, Ill need to hunt down something more suitable.
e11_03.jpg
I found a M38A2 scope in very good condition for only 15euros, if anyone has any idea on appropriate mounting screws, Id be grateful.
m38a2.jpg
Just need to make a rail and then do some subtle weathering.

This DDC Defender, is based on a Deactivated Margolin. Acquired from Markus ( OdiWan72 ). Markus was kind enough to also put together the extension for the barrel as well as threading the parts for me. I swiped scottjua 's solution for the cube sight piece. 12mm cube magnet, which blackened amazingly well.
ddc.jpg

e11_03.jpg

e11_01.jpg

e11_02.jpg

m38a2.jpg

ddc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My Star Wars weapon collection (E-11 progress + DDC Defender/Deactivated Margolin

amazing photos :thumbsup

Re: My Star Wars weapon collection (E-11 progress + DDC Defender/Deactivated Margolin

You got that M38 for 15 euros?! Nice score. Why can't I ever find deals like that?

Re: My Star Wars weapon collection (E11 finished)

Finished off the E11, airsoft based, Blaster. Minus weathering, which I'm unsure of how I want to take it. So for now it will sit clean for a while. I couldn't bring myself to paint the scope and loose that history, so I'll no doubt weather the rest appropriately.
DmwbGf3XsAg8d7O.jpgDmwbD-OWwAI85ZI.jpg
DmwbsmjWsAIHUx6.jpg41416063_10156454017090575_8380156810031529984_n.jpgDmwbv6tXoAEr-YV.jpg

DmwbD-OWwAI85ZI.jpg

DmwbGf3XsAg8d7O.jpg

41416063_10156454017090575_8380156810031529984_n.jpg

DmwbsmjWsAIHUx6.jpg

Dmwbv6tXoAEr-YV.jpg

Very cool E-11! Did you get the airsoft from EU or UK?

We're still part of the EU, for now! but yeah, from the UK. I had to buy the "blaster" version of the s&t sterling, as it was classified as a movie prop and didn't require an air soft licence. Of course i stripped all that crap off it.

We're still part of the EU, for now! but yeah, from the UK. I had to buy the "blaster" version of the s&t sterling, as it was classified as a movie prop and didn't require an air soft licence. Of course i stripped all that crap off it.

Please could you post here or PM me the link of where did you find it? I'm looking for one in EU for a friend (and maybe one for me too) in EU. Not sure if UK shops still send these to EU, but worth a try.

They're getting hard to find it seems. took me a bit of searching to find one to begin with. Easier to find a real sterling here! Which is what my next bonus is going to be spent on.

Beautiful E11!! Love the paint job, what paint did you go with? The finish is amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a korbanth bundle deal, in my endeavours to learn internal electronics, while I will start with the more simpler ROTJ Vader, I couldn't help myself, and spend an evening working on this.
DodSwteW4AAsXUG.jpg
DodSxqtWkAIT3x3.jpg

DodSyOpXoAI9hmk.jpg

42996909_10156504062770575_2785286441779855360_o.jpg
DodSyvPW0AAN-5b.jpg
Couldn't find anything to suggest the tape on the non transistor side, but I like the textural difference, so I added it as well. Transistors are just blutaced in until I do an install.

Cheers guys, and yeah I lucked up with the scope big time.

took a couple more of this one, shes just too pretty.
View attachment 833992
View attachment 833994
View attachment 833993

Sweet collection man!
I got a new mechanic buddy who is a gun enthusiast as well. We'll just finish installing the new rack and tonneau covers for kayak mount on the truck plus a couple of led light bars before we can do some gun projects. We might start with this Defender.

Been figuring out how to do my first install lightsaber. I'm a concept artist so I could just do a basic interior, needed to design something. Spent last night making a chamber to hold the electronics (3d printed sled for inside that), and started thinking of the crystal reveal section. I will remake the electronics chamber and incorporate some cutouts to let accent lights shine through mesh.

Despite the picture its not the Obiwan hilt, this will be ROTJ Vader. obi is next though.
20181109_201509-01.jpeg

20181109_210919-01.jpeg

(Technical question regarding the new site, anyone know how to edit the main thread title now?)

Worked more on the internal structure, thinking of where to put the battery and attach to the LED heatsink. Just need to headscratch about running the switch wires down and still having some linear movement to pull the chassis out about 20mm or so. Will place a set screw in some sort of twist and lock slot for the chassis in one of those top greebles
20181110_143053-01.jpeg

20181110_143152-01.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back