8d8 smelter droid

GEEK1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK so those of u following this project will know that I'm building the droid torture chamber scene from ROTJ. So the next character up is the creepy white dude who is cranking the lever to brand the poor Gonk droid. I've probably made him a bit tall but he needs to be visible standing behind the whole Gonk torture apparatus. Didn't really take any build pics along the way coz my phone died.

Anyway, here he is

iEJSsqjl.jpg

mWtnM9Yl.jpg

0RRQMCWl.jpg

Hz4nHlBl.jpg

k7e2rNVl.jpg

xB436RCl.jpg

Hope u like...obviously a bit difficult getting decent pix in a cluttered workshop but I'll shoot some more when the full set is staged properly

Good work! I can't wait to see the entire droid torture chamber. How do you get on new prop ideas that no one has done before? Your work is always so awesome!

That is pretty friggin' sweet! I've been kinda interested in that dude for awhile. What did you make him from? I was always thinking of mostly styrofoam (coated) and PVC pipes. With lots of other bits and details.

That is pretty friggin' sweet! I've been kinda interested in that dude for awhile. What did you make him from? I was always thinking of mostly styrofoam (coated) and PVC pipes. With lots of other bits and details.

Thanks...he's mostly 3D printed but I used bits of crutches, scooters and shock absorbers for some of the arm/leg parts

I have to say, I've always loved 8D8 and WILL build one in future. This build is inspiring and would really appreciate if you could share the actual parts you used for the arms/legs etc.
Looks like you've added pieces to the arms to allow them to move too?
Best of luck with the rest of the build.

I also love 8D8. Something so sad about him. Being in that creepy dungeon, emotionless, torturing errant gonk droids.

You do great work!
They got an 8D8 pushing a crank in the food depot at Disney land . BBQ bantha anyone? 8:40 time stamp.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back