SDCC 2018 Profiles in History Luke Skywalker ANH Graflex

I somehow missed this thread entirely...

I would really like to see this be real.. but my gut tells me no... and If it is true and it’s a old flash with new replica parts shame on him...

Another Gary Kurtz move which is really really lame...

He’s got some real hatred for Kurtz.. always has to throw a jab at him, and the prop staff of the following films “screws to attach the grips are ugly” but totally fine to screw the d ring to the bottom of the flash, wwwwwhhhat?

I think we will see this more and more in the future... pretty pathetic if you ask me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, looks like this is a fake. its a 300.000 dollars fraud. How does Profiles takes these things? they dont care?

- - - Updated - - -

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-06 11.30.33.jpg

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2018-09-05 14.12.22.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-09-05 14.12.22.png
    96 KB · Views: 252
Nice!! Another fakey! I really question all the other stuff profiles has, or ever had.. since they haven’t done any homework with these lightsabers I can only imagine all the other fake crap they have purchased

Yeah I love how he says he "had t track and calculator bubbles made".

More likely he just bought some of the kazillion replica parts that are already out there.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

He did say they were being sold as prototypes. While that's not accurate in itself, he at least should know they're being sold as production used.

I may be missing something, but how does the screen captured Reddit post prove anything about the Profiles in History saber? That could be a saber from 76/77 and he is making others to sell as replicas made by the original maker. As long as he isn't misrepresenting what the newer replicas are, I don't see how selling those is being dishonest.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I may be missing something, but how does the screen captured Reddit post prove anything about the Profiles in History saber? That could be a saber from 76/77 and he is making others to sell as replicas made by the original maker. As long as he isn't misrepresenting what the newer replicas are, I don't see how selling those is being dishonest.

The one talked about in this thread was not sold as a replica, PIH has been known to mislead people it seems

The one talked about in this thread was not sold as a replica, PIH has been known to mislead people it seems
Why does anyone think the PIH saber is one of these replicas mentioned in the Reddit post? It seems like a big assumption that they are the same.

Why is it so unbelievable that the original maker of the prop may still have one that he made at the time of filming, decided to sell it, then came up with the idea to sell more replicas because people may be interested in buying a replica made by the original maker? That seems very plausible to me.

That Reddit post is from his AMA 3 years ago, when he first mentioned draft excluders as possible early t-tracks he used. I don't think its fair to use that as a basis for claiming that this PIH auction is fraudulent. Based on my conversations with Roger, he did acknowledge he had one flashgun from the seven he initially bought in storage, and that he had recently taken it out. I'm pretty confident that is the one put up by PIH. But while the flashgun may have been one of those originally acquired for production on ANH, the greeblies, as some have pointed out, are a bit vague. I know for the hilt he takes for media appearances (pics of which I posted in this thread earlier) he used Gino's grips, I'm not sure if the PIH ones used those too. Some have said it looks like Saberfreak's, but the grips on the PIH saber look to have tapered sides; Saberfreak's sides are straight. As for the bubble strip and the d-ring assembly, I can't really tell.

Last edited:
If he already had an original, why making replicas or "prototypes" as he call them?

If he had an original, why he showed in interviews a replica, instead the original, making all believe its the real one?

How is posible that being one of the most accesible crew members of star wars, being in contact with fans and collector for years, its only now, or one or two years ago, when he tells everyone , that all this time, he had an original?

If he already had an original he took from the set in 1976, why would be buy more graflex handles for himself (between 2 and 9), because “he loved the design”, or as a memento, as he wrote in his book, or said in old interviews and in reddit?.

Why he changes his verison on how many he did for the movie? at the begginning he always said he did 3, two for tunisia, and one for the SFX guys. Sometimes, 2 fo the sfx guys. He even describes it in his book with detail. Now, after alleguing that all this time he had an original (not just the graflex handle, the whole of it, with the greeblies) he says that he was required after tunisia to make 2 more. Why didnt he said that in his book, or in old interviews?

Last edited:
If he already had an original, why in 2015 he had no idea how the dring was attached, screw or Rivet, so he asked some prop collectors, like in this sample?

Captura de pantalla 2018-07-26 12.43.38.png

He always has had the idea of making replicas to sell them. What I think is hapenning is that he changed mind recently, when he saw the Price of the last Gary kurtz saber in auction and he is selling one of those replicas as a produciton used.

If he already had an original, why in 2015 he had no idea how the dring was attached, screw or Rivet, so he asked some prop collectors, like in this sample?

View attachment 850566

Hmmmm....if he had an original in his possession, that he could pull out and look at any time, then this question makes no sense for him to be asking of others.

I hate to say it, but I am strongly leaning towards this being a replica being passed off as an original. I wouldn’t even assume that it’s a production purchased, but not used, flash (ala Kurtz)

If so, that is so shameful.

Hmmmm....if he had an original in his possession, that he could pull out and look at any time, then this question makes no sense for him to be asking of others.

I hate to say it, but I am strongly leaning towards this being a replica being passed off as an original. I wouldn’t even assume that it’s a production purchased, but not used, flash (ala Kurtz)

If so, that is so shameful.
"I finally managed to get one of my originals from my storage lockbox, I made a few after the 1st two I sent to Tunisia. I had run out of the stormtroopers strips used for the 1st 2, so used what I could that matched, no-one ever knew they all looked the same."

He did make it sound like it wasn't easily retrievable from the storage box. It's possible this is a more recently completed saber, but it still seems like an assumption with little proof one way or another. If the add-on parts can be proven as being produced later, that would be evidence.

Yup, Kurtz pulled this same a exact stunt, except he didn’t do it as good. Christian is cashing in on it the same move... but pays more attention to detail... well more attention to detail then Kurtz

Christian is so inconsistent with his stories he’s caught himself in multiple lies

Like others have stated, if he had a completed original saber in storage.. why stumble on questions when asked?

Maybe to keep us from finding the original part? And by keeping us from finding the real part, it makes his more special? Idk..

He got caught in a bold face lie in a interview with a radio station. I’ve posted the video a few times now

He shows the decked out graflex on the table, with straight end cuts on the track, the graflex clamp in the “toe pic” position, and the bubble strip. And tells the radio host “yup this is the real deal, one of the originals used”

Than later on at the end, he starts talking about how he has someone make the t track for him and he has someone who makes the bubble strip exactly like the original, “so this is built just like the original”

You know I talk all this crazy right now.. but if I hit the lottery last week, I would have bought this in a second..

Even if it is a fake, which I’m 100% positive it is, you got a paper trail now saying it’s real.. plus you got the original creator saying it’s real.. so you got a great investment

Sad that these guys connected to the film are doing this... really shows how full of themselves they really are... pathetic

"I
He did make it sound like it wasn't easily retrievable from the storage box. It's possible this is a more recently completed saber, but it still seems like an assumption with little proof one way or another. If the add-on parts can be proven as being produced later, that would be evidence.

ANother question then… PLease see the photo comparisson first. I think you Will notice that both sabers, the replica and the alleged original have the same kind of Dring attachment.

If he couldnt have access to his storaged saber, so he couldnt know how he attached the dring, for doing his replica/s, please explain me this.

How is posible, or its hard to imagine such a pure coincidence, that Christian chosed this dring when making his replica, when he didnt know at the time, what dring used “his original” as he had it in storage and was supposedly inaccesible whe he made the replica.
Captura de pantalla 2018-10-25 13.35.30.png

And not only that, he has said that he did not put the drings in the original lightsabers. Was his assistant Rodger Shaw who did.

How is posible that this suposedly 40 years old dring in the profiles saber is so similar to this common one that is being sell in eBay?
Captura de pantalla 2018-10-25 13.45.21.png

Last edited:
And not only that, he has said that he did not put the drings in the original lightsabers. Was his assistant Rodger Shaw who did.

How is posible that this suposedly 40 years old dring in the profiles saber is so similar to this common one that is being sell in eBay?
View attachment 850573

LOL!! This gets better and better, I love this site!

The funniest thing is he claims that these are EXACTLY like the original prop... but it's not in two very key areas. The D ring of course is the main one... and he's getting it all wrong. Which of course in turn is making all the prop fans get it all wrong.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back