Idea Mall lightsabers sale, legit/ worth it?

Kovnyn

Sr Member
So I very rarely get on Facebook anymore, but my wife posted something completely unrelated, and while I was looking for it, saw a video ad for a pretty B-A looking lightsaber.

For the price of $29.99 and free shipping, I went ahead and bought the Vader saber. They also have the classic Graflex and looks like a Luke ROTJ saber, too.

https://colorful-hairs.com/products...f-discount-free-shipping-star-wars-lightsaber

Hopefully it isn't a scam, but does anyone have any input on these?

So I very rarely get on Facebook anymore, but my wife posted something completely unrelated, and while I was looking for it, saw a video ad for a pretty B-A looking lightsaber.

For the price of $29.99 and free shipping, I went ahead and bought the Vader saber. They also have the classic Graflex and looks like a Luke ROTJ saber, too.

https://colorful-hairs.com/products...f-discount-free-shipping-star-wars-lightsaber

This doesn’t seem that safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have 45 days to dispute it with PayPal. So if it turns out to be a rip off, I'll try to get my money back.

I will add that upon further reading, the ROTJ saber is listed as a Black Series saber. These could just be overstock they are offloading for cheap.

Dont know anthying about them but quick google found poor trustpilot review.
Written up as a scammer sending torches or $1 plastic rubbish
Suggest it’s nots worth the risk

These ads are scams.
They're all over Instagram.
Ive ordered one similar just to prove it.
Knock off extender blade sabers.
Dont waste your time.
Robert

Don’t buy anything off Facebook until you do your research..

Search here and

Therebelarmory.com

Before Buying ANYTHING!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super scam. ... I knew it, and couldn’t resist the temptation ‘cause what if it was real?...

And what i got was a $9 obi wan kenobi plastic hilt with a red blade!... In a very battered package.

So don’t do it.

I see ads for stuff like this, not just sabers, all the time on Facebook. I wouldn't ever consider buying from these places. They are always scammers based in China.

It reminds me of my favorite saber installer Shameem. He made a video about a situation where a few fake lightsaber sites used his review videos for their products. They were the biggest liars I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post pics of what you end up getting (if anything). Good luck. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, yeah I got ripped.
Knew it was too good to be true but their site looked so legit, thought there might be a chance it was a promotion sale or something so took the chance on losing my dough.
Wasn't prepared for the absolute piece of foodoo that I got.
not worth $2 bucks.
I've seen sexier water bottles.
IMG_4024.JPG
good thing though is I found the Graflex shop, fx-sabers and mb-sabers who make the real things so I can put together one of my own.

edit: Well, holy crap.. it has a sound card!

Last edited by a moderator:
From the website

WE PROMISE THAT OUR PRODUCTS AND PICTURES WILL BE 100% IDENTICAL. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE RECEIPT OF THE GOODS, YOU CAN APPLY FOR A REFUND AND DO NOT NEED TO RETURN THE GOODS. YOU CAN USE PAYPAL TO PAY AND PAYPAL WILL PROTECT YOUR MONEY.
  • Includes stand for ultimate collectability - NO
  • Authentic movie sound effects - NO
  • Collector-grade quality - OH HELL NO
  • Includes lightsaber and instructions - I guess it technically is a "lightsaber" but no instructions
  • Same as in the movie - BWAAAHAHAHAHA
  • Realistic light effects - NO
  • Authentic movie sound effects - NO
  • Metal hilt - NO
  • Display stand - NO
[h=2]Describe:[/h]
  • Saber hilt CNC precision machined from aerospace grade high strength alloys. - NO
  • Hyper durable V4 infinity blade with threaded tip in 37 inch. - NO
  • Quad Cree 12W+ LED - NO
  • SaberCore 2.5 with FOC and 2 sound fonts - NO
  • Built in recharge upgrade with 3400mah battery, quick charge 3A charger, and recharge port. - NO
The lightsaber. The weapon of a Jedi Knight. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.
I think the BEST part of this POS is the fact that it's called "Superior Toys". :lol
I filed my Paypal claim immediately after getting this thing and still think it's hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already contacted PayPal to reverse the charge, and contacted the "company" to cancel the order, and notified my credit union.

I'll give PayPal a few days before I have my CU reverse the charges.

I remember the build thread for the saber in that bogus ad. The guy had to deal with the metal splitting while the crystal chassis was being 3D printed. Just sick...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back