Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper disguise Custom 1/6 scale Bandai Figure

Scarecrow Joe

Sr Member
Finished this one a few days ago but never took good images of it. This is a 1/6 Stormtrooper Bandai model kit into which I added a Luke Skywalker head. The result is much more better looking than the 1/12 Skywalker in Stormtrooper disguise by Bandai. I love Bandai but that kit is not that good IMO.

269A1248 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A1237 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A1241 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A1254 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A1260 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A1264 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A1262 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A1243 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

And this one is alongside my previous Han custom figure:

269A5132 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A5137 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

Great mod you did there! I agree this is a much better looking model ;) did you use a hottoys head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost looks like a Hot Toys; could've had me fooled.

Curious about his height though; did you make him shorter than Han?

Shorter? Nope. Since they are not next to each other found no need. Now, if you plan to put them next to each other then you will need to make him shorter or hide the difference with the pose for each of them.

Shorter? Nope. Since they are not next to each other found no need. Now, if you plan to put them next to each other then you will need to make him shorter or hide the difference with the pose for each of them.

I thought the Luke figure was made to be shorter- I different hip piece or something?

I thought the Luke figure was made to be shorter- I different hip piece or something?

I think you are confused. Ill explain. This is a custom made figure in 1/6 scale. Bandai makes a 1/6 scale Stormtrooper, not a Luke or Han figure. What Bandai makes is a 1/12 Luke and Han which I find to be pretty poor IMO. So I decided to get 2 1/6 scale Troopers and add the corresponding head to each. You could make the Luke one shorter but that would need a lot of work and it still wouldnt be completely right. Luke is not only shorter but thinner and smaller too. It wouldnt be only a matter of shortening his extremities you would be forced to make them thinner, his chest has a smaller diameter, etc, etc. So I decided to only went for the heads and exhibit them as separate figures to avoid the comparison.

The Bandai 1/6 figures (poor IMO):

Bandai-Star-Wars-A-New-Hope-Luke-Skywalker-and-Han-Solo-Stormtrooper-Model-Kit-Promo-Featured.jpg

Hot Toys (much better than Bandai at 1/6 scale though):

1f89fa20-9394-4861-ab98-fc960cb21874.jpg

Mine (also 1/6)

269A1248 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A5132 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

Id say its a good compromise! Very similar to Hot Toys but made by me. which is the way I like! Of course the Hot Toys are very high quality, cleaner figures, but the one I made are not that far.

You could make the Luke one shorter but that would need a lot of work and it still wouldnt be completely right. Luke is not only shorter but thinner and smaller too. It wouldnt be only a matter of shortening his extremities you would be forced to make them thinner, his chest has a smaller diameter, etc, etc. So I decided to only went for the heads and exhibit them as separate figures to avoid the comparison.

Wouldn't it make sense for the armor to look wrong though? I mean it's not like the trooper they stole the armor from had the exact body type of Luke.

Wouldn't it make sense for the armor to look wrong though? I mean it's not like the trooper they stole the armor from had the exact body type of Luke.

If you look at the movie it seems they found two Troopers that matched exactly both Luke and Han's proportions. Thats movie logic for you. Look closely at the Hot Toys figures and see how different Han and Luke armor proportions are, similar to the movie. The difference between them in the 1/12 scale Bandai figures is negligible. They almost the same height.

Where do you find the time to build and finish all these builds???????

I'm still slaving away on the Zvezda since a whole year, taking a break only to build the AT-AT.

Where do you find the time to build and finish all these builds???????

I'm still slaving away on the Zvezda since a whole year, taking a break only to build the AT-AT.

I asked the same to myself sometimes....LOL! The Randy Cooper Sandcrawler will take me sometime. What I am doing is building some of it, taking a break and build something else and then continue with it. Im at the time building the B wing...once I finish and photograph it I will continue with the crawler. I just ordered an Interceptor ans Xwing and a Tie fighter in 1/24 scale. resin kits all of them to build in my time outs from the crawler. :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back