First scratch build/kit bash: Small one man fighter

Peep Williams

Hey everyone, this is my first scratch built model. It's not perfect, lots of little seams and gaps, but I am really satisfied with the end results. There's a number of interesting kits in here, and some other non model kit pieces.

UsVTxFY.jpg

pYGqlUD.jpg

RBzJQ4M.jpg

Doqq6YA.jpg

9WCVKZq.jpg

aIWCOba.jpg

SPqDMWk.jpg

rvnh4df.jpg

A0HE1re.jpg

kwYvoiR.jpg

gbZJvYl.jpg

RJdExw9.jpg

V72ZTsR.jpg

Iiw0qP3.jpg

fmWDvXV.jpg

KqIgLVF.jpg

21YfSI2.jpg

p32clIG.jpg

Hope that isn't too many pictures!

I had a blast putting this together.

Thanks for looking.

Thank you guys,

The AT-AT parts were especially fun to fit in. It allowed me to play with some interesting angles and some neat details.

Nice job! And 1/48 scale to boot... reminds me of a Japanese Beetle or other such flying insect with a hard wing cover...
Thanks for sharing...
Regards, Robert

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I want to do another kitbash real bad, but I don't have a great source for varied and interesting parts right now.

Looks a bit 'Stargate' to me, nice lines, proper bit of old skool kitbashing!

:)

I was thinking the same thing. Reminds of the F-302. Really great combination of parts. Would love to see more of these.

The RC flyer side of me is however a little concerned about those control surfaces on the leading edges of the wings. It would make for a very unstable flight...but hey I'm sure the on-board AI can handle it and keep things stable for the pilot. :cool

I was thinking the same thing. Reminds of the F-302. Really great combination of parts. Would love to see more of these.

The RC flyer side of me is however a little concerned about those control surfaces on the leading edges of the wings. It would make for a very unstable flight...but hey I'm sure the on-board AI can handle it and keep things stable for the pilot. :cool

I have a mechanical engineering background, and I struggled with the same rationalization when building it. In the end I decided if I wanted to have fun, then I had to put the rules on the shelf.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back