James Gunn fired from GOTG 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been following this since last night. Not a surprise, the firing itself I mean. The rest. Wow..... What the hell?

What a world we live in where a director can be fired for a couple of random jokes.

Bravo Disney, quick move Kathleen Kennedy over to Marvel so she can also destroy that franchise:thumbsup

What a world we live in where a director can be fired for a couple of random jokes.

Bravo Disney, quick move Kathleen Kennedy over to Marvel so she can also destroy that franchise:thumbsup
There is a line. His "interest" in pedophilia is too far. Pedophiles should be executed. They destroy the lives of the children. I had a friend who was molested and later in life could not deal with relationships and ended up comming suicide.. They are the most vile creatures on this Earth.

10,000 + tweets is not "joking around"

Sent from the 8th dimension

So did someone have it out for him? Man, I feel like I change/mature as a person every 5 years or so. I would be embarrassed/ashamed if my old Myspace profile showed up suddenly. Come on folks, lets take a look at the person as they are today not who they were.

It's way more than a couple:

lmvcunn8n2b11.jpg

And there's a lot more.

A few select tweets uncovered..."jokes" apparently...

Video: 100 Pubescent Girls Touch Themselves,” the Guardians of the Galaxy director wrote, “Huston Huddleston posted this video on my Facebook page with the note ‘I thought you’d appreciate this.’ My response: ‘Appreciate it?!! I just came all over my own face!!'
(Huston a convicted paedophile)
Other tweets include:

“Expendables is so manly I ****ed the ****** out of the pu**y boy next to me,” the Disney director writes in one tweet.

“The best thing about being raped is when you’re done being raped and it’s like ‘whew this feels great, not being raped!’” he tweeted in 2009.

“I remember my first NAMBLA meeting. It was the first time I felt ok being who I am,” he tweeted, referring to NAMBLA, a group seeking to make sex with minors legal.

I’m doing a big Hollywood film adaptation of The Giving Tree with a happy ending — the tree grows back and gives the kid a bl**job,” he tweeted in 2011.

“I like it when little boys touch me in my silly place,” Gunn tweeted in 2009.

“The Hardy Boys and the Mystery of What It Feels Like When Uncle Bernie Fists Me,” reads another.

“‘Eagle Snatches Kid’ is what I call it when I get lucky,” reads a 2012 tweet.

Scumbag

One of the reasons I stopped working in the entertainment industry. I met a lot of degenerate people.

I have an extremely sick and twisted sense of humor. Gunn's stuff, it just isn't even funny, not in the slightest. I don't know if it was meant to be just for laughs, I can't think that it was entirely.

Last edited:
There is a line. His "interest" in pedophilia is too far. Pedophiles should be executed. They destroy the lives of the children. I had a friend who was molested and later in life could not deal with relationships and ended up comming suicide.. They are the most vile creatures on this Earth.

10,000 + tweets is not "joking around"

I haven't read many of his tweets but i don't see how having a twisted sense of humor equates to being a pedophile.

Not that i think it's normal to have 10.000 tweets like this, and it wouldn't surprise me if he did in fact turn out to be a degenerate.

Last edited:
Geez, I figured it was one or two tweets not dozens. It really is quite creepy of him to continually make jokes around pedophilia. Good call by Disney to distance themselves from him.

Anybody who is surprised clearly doesn't know James Gunn's roots in Troma and his prior history. Big deal. He has always been a self-aware juvenile delinquent in a man's body and his jokes reflect that. So he wrote those things when he was a guy who didn't give a damn about being politically correct and had nothing to lose. I've said worse things and made more offensive statements in college among my friends.

Is there evidence that he actually did anything terrible? No.

His sin is having a really twisted and off-putting sense of humor. I was surprised when Marvel had the balls to hire this man whose background was unquestionable. Everybody who is presently offended only know Gunn as the man who did GotG. After GotG James Gunn in interviews said the experience of making the film really had him discover ways of expressing himself in a personal way without the trappings of transcendently offensive material. He is not the same person. It breaks my heart that Marvel/Disney isn't standing up for him.

Hollywood PC culture making thought-crime actionable. I sat out Solo and now it looks like I'm sitting out GotG 3. I don't care who is directing.

Disney/Marvel, you've done wrong here.

I love blue humour. Even offensive humour that doesn't work anymore.

I even the the gag where the one dude has sex with the 13 year old girl in animal House is hilarious. (But only because it's really well crafted)

But this is bad.

Very, very bad

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well, I don't agree with this decision and there is zero forgiveness for trash talk EVERYONE does when exposed I guess these days.
I would never survive such scrutiny. Does anyone here think they could?
GOTG3 is going to suffer without his input. This sucks because I've so enjoyed them it was the new Star Wars for me.

GOTG 3 may suffer, but it's just a movie. There's a line, and he crossed way the hell over it. This is not Nam. There are rules. Would we all pass the PC Nazi thought police standard? No. But, to a guy with what I thought were no limits with humor, this went beyond. It's not even about being offensive. Good humor often is. This, tone-wise, is over the line. Very disturbing stuff. I don't care if it affects a movie. Enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back