James Gunn fired from GOTG 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know....I just had a second thought.

If Andrew dice clay was hired as a director of family movies today, would they hold his old jokes against him?

As Jim jefferies said, "there are things I think. And then there are things I think are funny"

Perhaps James Gunn thought these were funny jokes?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

And I guess you're not allowed to evolve either right?

Disney himself was known for not being the perfect human being.

This is why you don't act like an ***** on social media

How many careers have been ruined by that. How many jobs did people not get because the HR dept combed through facebook/twitter posts

If you are going to live your life on social media, things will always come back to haunt you

We've all said and done juvenile stuff with friends growing up. The difference is we never posted it for the world to see.

These days people seem to have lost that filter in search of more followers/likes

You know....I just had a second thought.

If Andrew dice clay was hired as a director of family movies today, would they hold his old jokes against him?

As Jim jefferies said, "there are things I think. And then there are things I think are funny"

Perhaps James Gunn thought these were funny jokes?

Well, here's what he said about it himself

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1020154776539967489

If you want to talk about someone in the mainstream being socially responsible for his speech that's one thing but all this material was culled from before Gunn was in the mainstream - when he was anti-establishment in every way.

Social media is one of the worst things to ever happen to our society, but it also does a good job at showing some people's true colors. I will readily admit that I have a sick, twisted sense of humor, but James Gunn went way beyond things that would have ever entered my own brain. I can't fault Disney for doing this because it would have been a complete double standard letting him keep his job after firing Roseanne for offensive tweets. Both people went beyond what's acceptable in today's culture and both paid the price. Period.

This is why you don't act like an ***** on social media

How many careers have been ruined by that. How many jobs did people not get because the HR dept combed through facebook/twitter posts

If you are going to live your life on social media, things will always come back to haunt you

We've all said and done juvenile stuff with friends growing up. The difference is we never posted it for the world to see.

These days people seem to have lost that filter in search of more followers/likes
This is true. While I love Facebook, I have always made sure that I recognize who my audience is. I have relatives there and I have some of my elementary school teachers there.

While sure, I post articles about politics, I certainly never rant or swear

I remember in the mid 2000's when people would drunkenly spout off dead baby jokes at a party

This is true. While I love Facebook, I have always made sure that I recognize who my audience is. I have relatives there and I have some of my elementary school teachers there.

While sure, I post articles about politics, I certainly never rant or swear

Would you care if an employer saw this? Would you be embarressed to have your (current/future) kids/spouse see this?

if the answer is yes to any of those questions, then you probably should not post it

Would you care if an employer saw this? Would you be embarressed to have your (current/future) kids/spouse see this?

if the answer is yes to any of those questions, then you probably should not post it
Bingo.

I am shocked at what people post. And I'm really shocked when people complain about work.

The question sort of begs doesn't it now ? So going forward should creative teams have a vetting system? background checks for morality go back through one's entire adult life?

For context, here's the winner who ran the smear campaign to make this happen. It was politically motivated, of course. They looked for dirt and found it. NSFW.

DilNXfiU0AAUeTJ.jpg

Last edited:
And I say again, we need to trebuchet all the weirdos who take refuge in hollyweird. This guy is a legit sicko, based on some of these tweets of his. I'm willing to bet if someone checked his hard drive they would find terabytes of CP on it. On to the next point of 'oh, this is his past.' Well guess what? When you're trying to get into a professional field: a) don't post this crap at all, b) delete it before you get the job and start a new trend. He failed to do either of those. This crap continued. This shows a modus operandi in his online personality.

Last edited:
Several far-Right pundits collectively dug all this up to discredit/excoriate Gunn after he mocked Ben Shapiro over political stuff. Gunn's been vehemently anti-Trump from the get-go, and this was a deliberate comeuppance-serving, not something someone just happened to stumble upon in the wilds of the internet.

I consider myself pretty far left, but this is totally fair game. Pedophilia is not something good to joke about, repeatedly, if you plan on working at Disney.

There is a difference between being deliberately offensive on social media as a warped-artistic exercise... and actually assaulting another human being. There are degrees, and if we burn everyone at the stake regardless of the nature of their offense, I don't know where it'd stop.

He's not being burned at the stake. He's a multimillionaire who lost his job... a terribly sad situation for no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back