Need help lighting my lightsaber

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
I have been working on a custom lightsaber For quite some time, and I’m ready to put it together. I took the guts from a Hasbro saber and will use them for the sound board. I really want a yellow blade. I tried a string led strip, but they were weak and had lots of spots, even though I have a used MR foam core to diffuse it with.

What is the best way to get a bright yellow blade? What LED should I use and what voltage is required?

help me Obi Wan Kenobies,..... you’re my only hope!

What is the best way to get a bright yellow blade? What LED should I use and what voltage is required?

The first question probably would be, if you’re looking for an „in hilt“ led or a pixelstrip blade?
As you’re planning to use the Hasbro electronics, I would assume the first as a pixelstrip would need a special signal.
In this case give a PC Amber XP-E2 Tri Cree a look, these will probably the brightest yellow/amber LEDs readily available.
As the voltage is different for each color, take a look at their datasheet. There are many tutorials on YouTube on how to calculate the resistors for the LEDs if you’re not familiar with this.
From an Led point of view using a constant current source would be nicer (XP-E2 can handle up to 1A) but using a resistor to limit the current will do the job.
And don’t forget to install a proper heat sink for the LEDs, if you choose to run them at high currents. :)

As first saber I recomend to use an RGB (Triple Cree) LED and a Pico Crumble board. This will give you a good yellow with default settings.

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

As first saber I recomend to use an RGB (Triple Cree) LED and a Pico Crumble board. This will give you a good yellow with default settings.

Thank You. Where can this be purchased? I have looked on eBay, and yellow lightsaber LEDs are not easy to find. I Put that description in the search function, and I got a lot of car parts accessories.

It depends where are you located. In US you can on TheCustomSaberShop.

In Europe from JQsabers. But now Plecter boards are out of stock. KRsabers also has LEDs and NEC sound boards.
Thank You. Where can this be purchased? I have looked on eBay, and yellow lightsaber LEDs are not easy to find. I Put that description in the search function, and I got a lot of car parts accessories.

Tri-cre leds are very bright. And I will definitely recommend thecustomsabershop. That's where I got pretty much everything for my saber. I used a Nano Biscote V4, and I can say it is a great and solid entry level board with plenty of features. On the Nano, you will be able to select three different color settings wich you will be able to choose and edit yourself.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back