Lets Start Something Exciting with Guns

lambdatron

Greetings Everyone!
Im a 24 old Year boy that loves videogames, scifi, gamedesign and tecnology.
I want to make the first step in this new hobby, how I can start?

In particulary I want to make some gun replica from major videogames like Doom (more forward even with resina/foam and advanced material)
How I can start do something like that?

Inviato dal mio SM-J530F utilizzando Tapatalk

Greetings Everyone!
Im a 24 old Year boy that loves videogames, scifi, gamedesign and tecnology.
I want to make the first step in this new hobby, how I can start?

In particulary I want to make some gun replica from major videogames like Doom (more forward even with resina/foam and advanced material)
How I can start do something like that?

How can you start. Hmmm, read as much as you can here.
Look up some YouTube tutorials and jump right in...

Check out Punished Props on youtube. In particular watch his videos on working with store bought foam mats. His results are great, and I see many people using his techniques these days.

yea, punished props is a great how to place, and read read read.

don't stress about jumping right to the method you want to do most, you can start simple, yank a few cheap nerf guns apart cut on them with a hand saw, and put them back together how you want, or build foam add on parts for them. practice painting, etc. or go straight for some foam props. when you move to resin and molds (if you end up wanting to) don't feel the need to go straight for making a BFG; you'll learn more (and spend less) on making a few noisy crickets, than going straight for the big stuff :p

yea, punished props is a great how to place, and read read read.

don't stress about jumping right to the method you want to do most, you can start simple, yank a few cheap nerf guns apart cut on them with a hand saw, and put them back together how you want, or build foam add on parts for them. practice painting, etc. or go straight for some foam props. when you move to resin and molds (if you end up wanting to) don't feel the need to go straight for making a BFG; you'll learn more (and spend less) on making a few noisy crickets, than going straight for the big stuff :p
Nah! Step by step. I will create the simple pistol of doom.
However subsequently I will make firing bullets guns (like plastic nerf or softait). But I repeat step by step, with ambitious goals ....

Almost everyone starts with an old Nerf Maverick or Nitefinder for their first paintjob. Any sort of pistol is a good starting point, as you won't use up a lot of paint on them while you're practicing.

Another good skill to develop is browsing hardware stores, thrift shops and the like for 'greeblies' - decorative parts that can be repurposed, such as conduit tubing, buckles and buttons, switches, etc. that look functional, but don't have to be. Looking at a piece of hardware and seeing a potential base to build a night-vision scope from is a skill in itself.

And of course, this forum is one of the best resources for tutorials, tips and tricks. The 'search' bar at the top right of the page is your best friend.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back