Rey's terrible very bad Lightsaber skills: Star Wars

Agreed wholeheartedly. I fell in love with his style when he did the daily SW newspaper strips, and was thrilled when he later did the ESB adaptation.

Though I also have a soft spot for Carmine Infantino’s stylized work from right after ANH (almost) right up to the ESB adaption.

M

ETA - Little bit of a faulty memory on my part – ii just remembered t was Russ Manning who first did the original newspaper strip; I really liked his work as well.
Yep! He and Goodwin did the ROTJ adaptation, too, which I have in paperback format. If you don't have em, grab yourself a copy of the Dark Horse Comics "classic star wars" reprints. I have em in individual issue format, but they also have omnibus editions.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Technically, I’m bored with this conversation, but since you brought it up:

View attachment 834312

(As far as finding posts, I give thanks to the search tool. Very powerful.)

Now your just stretching. One post out of thousands, great job it actually highlights that one persons comments can be used against everyone else, a popular method used by some defenders of Disney and TLJ. I`ve had trouble finding thread titles here in the search tool let alone specific words in posts, but sure whatever.

Now your just stretching. One post out of thousands, great job it actually highlights that one persons comments can be used against everyone else, a popular method used by some defenders of Disney and TLJ. I`ve had trouble finding thread titles here in the search tool let alone specific words in posts, but sure whatever.
Not stretching, I’m not suggesting everyone with the very valid complaints they’ve expressed on this forum and elsewhere are somehow lumped together with one other person’s more extreme point of view. I have no quarrel with anyone over their own opinions, the root of the initial joke was just that the idea of ruined childhoods is a bit... much. Not even that anyone who would say such a thing would be an idiot. Just that it’s an overreaction.

You instructed me to find one example, and said it couldn’t be done, but I did. Then you said it wasn’t at all the same, and I’ve shown that really, it is. (Or rather, Merriam-Webster did.) I’m not saying you’re an idiot or anything like that.

As for the search tool, I find it’s rather useless as far as finding things if you use the big search bar at the top of the page. Much more helpful results if you find the general section of the forum you’re wanting (not an individual thread), and then use the little search bar middle-right that says “search forum,” after selecting “show results as posts.” :cheers

Not stretching, I’m not suggesting everyone with the very valid complaints they’ve expressed on this forum and elsewhere are somehow lumped together with one other person’s more extreme point of view. I have no quarrel with anyone over their own opinions, the root of the initial joke was just that the idea of ruined childhoods is a bit... much. Not even that anyone who would say such a thing would be an idiot. Just that it’s an overreaction.

You instructed me to find one example, and said it couldn’t be done, but I did. Then you said it wasn’t at all the same, and I’ve shown that really, it is. (Or rather, Merriam-Webster did.) I’m not saying you’re an idiot or anything like that.

As for the search tool, I find it’s rather useless as far as finding things if you use the big search bar at the top of the page. Much more helpful results if you find the general section of the forum you’re wanting (not an individual thread), and then use the little search bar middle-right that says “search forum,” after selecting “show results as posts.” :cheers

Bravo Bravo, you found one example out of thousands of posts that I still think is a stretch and a little creepy. The point of the joke was rather clear actually. Not saying you have a terrible sense of humour or anything like that.

- - - Updated - - -

The one example you found was an obvious jest, can you maybe find a serious one? As for my feelings I would not say these movies ruined my childhood, but they are ****ing on my adulthood :p

Agreed.

No, no, no. I’m done playing games and running to fetch easily obtainable posts for people. I just explained how to use the search function: if you’re looking for posts, have at it. The user who said what I screencapped said the same sort of thing multiple times, and at no point was it phrased as a joke (ie “in jest.”) All very serious in the degree of unhappiness expressed.

If you think it’s a stretch to equate “ruined” with “damaged,” take it up with Merriam-Webster, not me.

I tried being nice and explaining something that seemed to need explaining, and instead it’s just more games. At this point I can only assume that’s the goal: games and trolling, to keep going round and round in circles.

You can keep your games. I’m here for actual discussion, not moving goalposts or users who don’t have any argument other than “No, wrong!” but who do so without any substance to back things up.

It’s the ignore list for you, perhaps someone else will play along instead.

The goalposts move so fast around here they are practically just a blur.
It’s really remarkable, isn’t it?

Seems to be the common tactic: first asking for something to be proven, and then when it is proven, pretend you hadn’t asked in the first place. :lol

In any case we’re now seeing that the tactic is unchanging, and so there’s really no point in engaging with it in the first place.

Someone over on the Rebelscum forums gave me a quote that he found applicable to some of the discussions over there. It’s from the Greek tragedian playwright, Euripides, and translates to something like: “Speak sense to a fool, and he calls you foolish.”

The goalposts move so fast around here they are practically just a blur.

I`m still waiting to get an answer from you as to why you quoted me in the GOTG3 thread and then posted something totally unrelated, I`ve asked twice already so dont ask about shifting goal posts.

Technically, it only damaged Old Kens childhood, not ruined it, big difference and I was merely commenting that I found TLJ so offensive that I nearly gave up entirely on Star Wars after it as well. Kind of impressive and creepy that you found those anyway.
What about raped? Does Johnson raping childhoods count? I believe that phrase was actually made fun of in a South Park episode. Though, does it still count if it's by the same person from above?

All the last Jedi was was a 2 hour agenda driven piece of crap. They used the Star Wars name to get people in seats. I really don’t think any thought or care was put into continuing the Skywalker story... all of my democrat friends LOVED it and all of my republican friends hated it. Has anyone else noticed this within their own friends and family? It’s almost 100% in my personal experience.

i am neither, and I went from confused and let down to flat out hatred of what I saw. It has honestly very negatively affected my life and ruined my favorite franchise and hero. Along with my passion for Star Wars props. My pristine graflex is in a drawer. And my TK armor is put up.

and I don’t hate the prequels... there has never been a piece of “entertainment” that has affected me so deeply. I can’t watch the OT even... I’ve tried. Seeing Luke when he wasn’t a backstabbing worthless bitch... just reminds me of what should’ve been.

he faced Vader with almost NO fear and certain death... he has to stab his nephew in the back while he sleeps???

Ryan Johnson, you taught me one lesson!!! I used to make fun of people who said their childhood got raped.... right up until my childhood got raped.

The one example you found was an obvious jest, can you maybe find a serious one? As for my feelings I would not say these movies ruined my childhood, but they are ****ing on my adulthood :p
The example I've provided doesn't seem to be said in jest. ;)

No no, you don't get to decide what counts and what doesn't. You presented a challenge, and that challenge was met.

It’s really remarkable, isn’t it?

Seems to be the common tactic: first asking for something to be proven, and then when it is proven, pretend you hadn’t asked in the first place. :lol

In any case we’re now seeing that the tactic is unchanging, and so there’s really no point in engaging with it in the first place.

Someone over on the Rebelscum forums gave me a quote that he found applicable to some of the discussions over there. It’s from the Greek tragedian playwright, Euripides, and translates to something like: “Speak sense to a fool, and he calls you foolish.”

Stop whining, you posted a troll comment and got trolled right back so suck it up. This aint the Rebelscum forums but your most welcome to go back there.

- - - Updated - - -

What about raped? Does Johnson raping childhoods count? I believe that phrase was actually made fun of in a South Park episode. Though, does it still count if it's by the same person from above?

The example I've provided doesn't seem to be said in jest. ;)

No no, you don't get to decide what counts and what doesn't. You presented a challenge, and that challenge was met.

And you can mind your own business. I said I think its a stretch, if that not acceptable to you or him, big deal. What the hell are you taking about raped for? Your just introducing a new troll to the situation.

Stop whining, you posted a troll comment and got trolled right back so suck it up. This aint the Rebelscum forums but your most welcome to go back there.

- - - Updated - - -

And you can mind your own business. I said I think its a stretch, if that not acceptable to you or him, big deal. What the hell are you taking about raped for?
dhF9GsI.jpg

I`m still waiting to get an answer from you as to why you quoted me in the GOTG3 thread and then posted something totally unrelated, I`ve asked twice already so dont ask about shifting goal posts.

You get stuck on the weirdest things. I was responding to a series of comments spanning more than a page and didn't feel like quoting ALL of them, so I continued from the last most relevant post, which just happened to be yours. And I'd venture to guess the only one here confused by it or who is maintaining a problem with it is you. But if bringing up something from a totally separate (LOCKED, I might add) topic is all you have to contribute to THIS discussion, I guess that's really all that needs to be said.

Or you can continue to move the goalposts, because that's amusing, too.

You get stuck on the weirdest things. I was responding to a series of comments spanning more than a page and didn't feel like quoting ALL of them, so I continued from the last most relevant post, which just happened to be yours. And I'd venture to guess the only one here confused by it or who is maintaining a problem with it is you. But if bringing up something from a totally separate (LOCKED, I might add) topic is all you have to contribute to THIS discussion, I guess that's really all that needs to be said.

Or you can continue to move the goalposts, because that's amusing, too.

You quoted me and then made comments that were totally unrelated so you could make your comments I guess so please dont do it again in the future and all will be good.

I know a lot of people have brought up failure as a huge theme in Star Wars with regard to Luke, Rey, Obi wan, and Yoda. Give this a watch. It brings up some fantastic points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of impressive and creepy that you found those anyway.

Not really. all you need do is a key word search. That's why the relevant word is highlighted.

Not all that impressive--or creepy--at all. You made a statement... a very bold one. And you claimed it could not be refuted. He picked up the gauntlet... he proved you wrong. End of story.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you *did* say in your post that a person could not find ONE example. He found you ONE example.

You got exactly what you asked for.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back