Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Ooooh That’s a Bingo RPF Premium Member Aldo The Apache's Avatar
    From
    The Golden State
    3 Weeks Ago  Jul 21, 2018, 6:04 PM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #26

Funky said: View Post
    Where do I get one?!!
    Same, always wanted one of those.
  2. Keepin' it real since '00 RPF Premium Member Funky's Avatar
    3 Weeks Ago  Jul 21, 2018, 6:09 PM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #27

I spoke to Gaston a few years back and he said he did a very limited run but had no desire to do another due to the cost and the hassle. Is there another source?
  3. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Wales, UK
    3 Weeks Ago  Jul 22, 2018, 4:56 AM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #28

There were a LOT of props that disappeared into private collections during the Christie's and IAW mid 2000s auctions that would be great to see.
  4. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Launch Bay Alpha
    3 Weeks Ago  Jul 22, 2018, 12:34 PM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #29

That run was done quite a while ago

Funky said: View Post
    Where do I get one?!!
  5. Ooooh That’s a Bingo RPF Premium Member Aldo The Apache's Avatar
    From
    The Golden State
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 1, 2018, 10:10 AM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #30

Has anyone done the Scalosian stun weapon from A Wink Of An Eye.
  6. RPF Premium Member
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 1, 2018, 10:48 AM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #31

masterjedi322 said: View Post
    Picard’s desktop computer and a TNG palm beacon.

Sean
    Roddenberry Entertainment has officially announced their Picard desktop computer after a series of strong hints and innuendo

It looks spectacular and I believe includes on/off sound effects along with an illuminated screen. The research, design, and engineering was done by the talented @norbauer over a period of two years.

It's on display at the Las Vegas convention this week and preorders are open in person, followed by online in a few weeks (I'm sure some booth photos will show up soon).
  7. AKA, Mike Honcho RPF Premium Member Rylo's Avatar
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 1, 2018, 1:37 PM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #32

Wish I still had one of my old ones. How sad is that!?

Apollo said: View Post
    Too bad the run of the miniature Enterprise as seen in “Catspaw” ran into trouble.

I think a run of those and the Servo might do well
  8. Member Since
    May 2014
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 1, 2018, 2:49 PM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #33

It was probably done a while ago but I'd really like to get my hands on a TOS Trident Scanneer or Ray Generator...

2287052004_78e4ea453d.bmp
  9. Ryan Norbauer RPF Premium Member norbauer's Avatar
    From
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 1, 2018, 4:49 PM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #34

E Williams said: View Post
    Roddenberry Entertainment has officially announced their Picard desktop computer after a series of strong hints and innuendo

It looks spectacular and I believe includes on/off sound effects along with an illuminated screen. The research, design, and engineering was done by the talented @norbauer over a period of two years.

It's on display at the Las Vegas convention this week and preorders are open in person, followed by online in a few weeks (I'm sure some booth photos will show up soon).
    Thanks for the nod, Ethan! Some photos here, and a product description here (explains how much goes into making one). To be notified when these are available online, join the Roddenberry list.
  10. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Launch Bay Alpha
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 1, 2018, 10:10 PM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #35

Good that you beefed them up the one I handled on set felt like you could damage it by just looking at it

norbauer said: View Post
    Thanks for the nod, Ethan! Some photos here, and a product description here (explains how much goes into making one). To be notified when these are available online, join the Roddenberry list.
  11. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Launch Bay Alpha
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 1, 2018, 10:25 PM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #36

Hey I tried!

Rylo said: View Post

https://www.therpf.com/attachment.ph...0&d=1376807052
  12. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Wales, UK
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 2, 2018, 6:54 AM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #37

norbauer said: View Post
    That looks fantastic.
    I remember being given the Picard desktop computer moneybox/coin bank for Christmas many many years ago and was impressed by how close it was to what I could see on screen.
    The Picard accessories/props line is a great idea for a set of collectibles.
    I wish you luck with your future Star Trek prop creations.
  13. Member Since
    Jun 2008
    From
    Rocky Point, NY
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 2, 2018, 7:54 AM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #38

https://www.therpf.com/attachment.ph...0&d=1376807052
    There have been 2 different people who offered these over at the TPZ but both of them have run into problems trying to get them made. I'm not holding my breath.
  14. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Launch Bay Alpha
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 2, 2018, 8:11 AM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #39

He knows, trust me,

AJK001 said: View Post
    There have been 2 different people who offered these over at the TPZ but both of them have run into problems trying to get them made. I'm not holding my breath.
  15. AKA, Mike Honcho RPF Premium Member Rylo's Avatar
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 2, 2018, 12:34 PM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #40

Oh, yes. Those things are little monsters! I'm very happy to have retired them. No interest in climbing that mountain again. lol!

-Rylo

NOTE: It's been forever but Bryan and I spoke about the possibility of EFX doing a licensed run years ago. I sent them a proto and offered up the engineering. Would love to have seen something happen with it. Again, a hard piece to produce and something that may be a little too obscure for the effort.
    From
    St. Louis, MO
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 2, 2018, 4:59 PM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #41

I can’t believe you didn’t keep one for yourself!
  17. AKA, Mike Honcho RPF Premium Member Rylo's Avatar
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 2, 2018, 7:01 PM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #42

I'm so bad about that sorta thing, man. I'm whorish and will ultimately sell anything. An admitted character flaw.

JiminSTLouis said: View Post
    I can’t believe you didn’t keep one for yourself!
  18. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Launch Bay Alpha
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 2, 2018, 8:13 PM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #43

$2, 500.00 with 90 being made.

Be interesting to see if they will sell out at the Con

E Williams said: View Post

19. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Launch Bay Alpha
    1 Week Ago  Aug 6, 2018, 10:30 PM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #44

So does anybody know if the Terminal sold out at the con?
  20. RPF Premium Member
    1 Week Ago  Aug 7, 2018, 1:06 PM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #45

I would love to finally see a Season 3 Hero Cobrahead Phaser.

This is one key prop that has yet to be offered in Hero form, which is very strange as I would speculate that this is the most desired of the TNG phasers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57F1CC4C-13E9-4551-BD80-AF26D5B57ACB.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	835385
    Last edited by ALLEY; 1 Week Ago at 9:47 AM.
  21. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    1 Week Ago  Aug 10, 2018, 11:52 AM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #46

Did GMProps and Stapleton never do the Cobra Head?
  22. Member Since
    Mar 2007
    From
    Michigan, USA
    1 Week Ago  Aug 10, 2018, 11:58 AM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #47

Dreamscape said: View Post
    Did GMProps and Stapleton never do the Cobra Head?
    They did. I have one on my workbench now. There were some changes to the cobra head as the series went on though. I think the Stapleton version is based on the version seen later in the series.
  23. Ooooh That’s a Bingo RPF Premium Member Aldo The Apache's Avatar
    From
    The Golden State
    5 Days Ago  Aug 12, 2018, 9:11 PM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #48

I know this is kind of obscure, but the backpack, and collapsible shovels from Captains Holiday.
  24. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Wales, UK
    4 Days Ago  Aug 13, 2018, 1:30 AM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #49

Aldo The Apache said: View Post
    I know this is kind of obscure, but the backpack, and collapsible shovels from Captains Holiday.
    A very left-field and interesting choice!
  25. Ooooh That’s a Bingo RPF Premium Member Aldo The Apache's Avatar
    From
    The Golden State
    4 Days Ago  Aug 13, 2018, 1:31 AM - Re: Star Trek props, rare and unusual you want to see made. #50

renaissance_man said: View Post
    A very left-field and interesting choice!
    Yeah I know, but it really reminds me of that episode. Just the whole safari artifact hunt feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk