Thunderbird 1 Behind the Scenes 1:12 scale

Hemble

Hi All,

The dio is 1:12 scale and TB1 is 1:350 scale which is a perfect size match for a 1:12 scale figure. The partial building is made from foam board and balsa wood, the table is also made using foam board and balsa wood.

The scenery on the table is a mix spakfilla and sand and once dry was painted weathered using Vallejo Paints. The trees and bushes are from Woodlnad Scenics Fine Leaf Foliage and TB1, the vehicle and small figures are all 1:350 scale. The background picture is a hand painted piece I scanned from a book and then printed it off and the frame work is done using balsa wood and plastic tubes.

The roof brackets are made from plasic tube and the lights hanging of them were made using plastic card and old ear phone cord, the studio lights were made using bottle caps and plastic tube and the wheels are 1:72 tank wheels and the cords are from an old light. The camera is made using balsa wood for the legs and the camera is made from plastic card and greeblies form the parts box. The ladder and the step up are made from balsa wood.

The Kirk figure is just for scale.

Ron

Attachments

• bs1.JPG
    bs1.JPG
    321.6 KB · Views: 550
  • bs2.JPG
    bs2.JPG
    323.7 KB · Views: 309
  • bs3.JPG
    bs3.JPG
    311.5 KB · Views: 296
  • bs4.JPG
    bs4.JPG
    345.8 KB · Views: 377
  • bs5.JPG
    bs5.JPG
    321.5 KB · Views: 321
  • bs6.JPG
    bs6.JPG
    341.3 KB · Views: 389
  • bs7.JPG
    bs7.JPG
    338.1 KB · Views: 738
  • bs8.JPG
    bs8.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 327
  • bs9.JPG
    bs9.JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 325
  • bs10.JPG
    bs10.JPG
    321.9 KB · Views: 376
What a wonderful idea for a diorama!

I think you should cross post this over on
Eagletransporter.com
That forum is about all things Anderson and they would love to see this creation

Excellent work

I love the model of a model concept,

Next step is to make behinds the scenes model a model of yourself, making this 1/12 behind the scenes scale model :lol

Awesome!! Love it.

Cheers mate

- - - Updated - - -

What a wonderful idea for a diorama!

I think you should cross post this over on
Eagletransporter.com
That forum is about all things Anderson and they would love to see this creation

Thanks I'll check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent work

I love the model of a model concept,

Next step is to make behinds the scenes model a model of yourself, making this 1/12 behind the scenes scale model :lol

Thanks heaps and that is an awesome Idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Really awesome idea. Love it.
Something like this would be cool for the AT-AT scene.

Cheers mate and damn I just did a 1:144 Bandai dio, I'll have to get another one and do the behind the scene dio using it.

- - - Updated - - -

Great idea/dio:thumbsup Would be fun to have one pic in a black and white set-up;)

Cheers buddy and I like that, I',, have to give it a go and see what it looks like.

Ron

Damnnn man!!! Awesome.. you are the artist yourself to I see!!! You have some amazing work to look at :) sweet

please don't take me serious I'm crazy :)

An amazing idea for a diorama!!! Excellent work!

Thanks heaps mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Damnnn man!!! Awesome.. you are the artist yourself to I see!!! You have some amazing work to look at :) sweet

Cheers buddy and I did want to get a scan of my head and have it on the figure but the price was way to much so had to settle on Kirk and LOL I think we all have to be a little crazy especially doing what we do for a hobby LOL

Ron

a scan of your head... and 3D printed it... lol
crazy good idea.
no idea where you could do that... but that would be crazy seeing youself as a model ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T805 met Tapatalk

a scan of your head... and 3D printed it... lol
crazy good idea.
no idea where you could do that... but that would be crazy seeing youself as a model ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T805 met Tapatalk

I mini me would be cool and I got told by a friend that there is a company that if you send in photo's of your noggin, sides, front, back and close up they can do a scan for you so I'm just waiting for him to send me the link.

Ron

I mini me would be cool and I got told by a friend that there is a company that if you send in photo's of your noggin, sides, front, back and close up they can do a scan for you so I'm just waiting for him to send me the link.

Ron
Cool... Keep me informed!! :) LoL

If you stick "scanning yourself 3d" or something like that into your favourite Internet search engine you'll find a lot of companies that can do this for you. And some homemade solutions as well. The resolution of a lot of these is pretty crap, but if all you want to do is to stick your head on a model figure in a spaceship, they'll be more than adequate!

If you stick "scanning yourself 3d" or something like that into your favourite Internet search engine you'll find a lot of companies that can do this for you. And some homemade solutions as well. The resolution of a lot of these is pretty crap, but if all you want to do is to stick your head on a model figure in a spaceship, they'll be more than adequate!

Hi nkg , thanks heaps for that I'll have a search.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back