Rian Johnson... Super Hack!!! Evidence included!

So did you watch it? Exactly.. didn't think so... shocking.

Oh! Is THIS one the HOT TAKE!???

sorry I’ll have to watch this later when I’m not on my phone. Need to put this super hot take (not as hot a take as this current whining thread) and play it on the big screen!!!

*Watches first 30 seconds*

”cinematic abortion”

”written by a gang of idiot children”

”dumpster fire”

oh... oh it’s not.

Oh it’s anoher neck beard with the same hot take as every other whining neck beard, talentlessly editing footage over a “humorous” script.

Anyway, off to YouTube to see if anyone’s put up a new "Rey is a Mary Sue" hot take. Brb;)

I got about as far as when he called it a Mary Sue space adventure. Tired, sexist observation.

well never mind, sounds like this guy hit on that gem as well.

Last edited:
I’d be interested in seeing the ending of each of those films, unedited. It looked like that YouTube video had cutting and pasting to make things seem to line up more than they otherwise would.

In any case, I don’t see it as too different from any of these references/homages.

Trigger Warning: “True Fans”/haters proceed with caution :lol

https://nerdist.com/star-wars-the-l...uide-akira-kurosawa-jurassic-park-twin-peaks/

(Also, it’s cute if people really think that these sorts of things are unique to Rian Johnson. I suggest branching out and watching something other than Star Wars once in a while. You’ll be shocked, apparently.)

When the one doing the stealing makes something special and better from the parts/ideas lifted they tend to be considered differently. When they make garbage from their booty, they are just thieves.

So is this real or just some crap IMDB blindly put up?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7617048/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

Star Wars: Rise of the Grey Jedi (2018)
Short | Fantasy | Sci-Fi
Not yet released

Set in the times of the Old Republic; a young Jedi falls from the ways of the Jedi and becomes a Grey Jedi.

It has a couple directors and stars named as well, but I can't see all the info. Maybe it's an IMDB pro thing.....

It doesn't make sense to me because I thought what sparked this trilogy is something that had to do with a thing in the 18-hour TLJ timeline.

Last edited by a moderator:

Short | Fantasy | Sci-Fi
Not yet released

Set in the times of the Old Republic; a young Jedi falls from the ways of the Jedi and becomes a Grey Jedi.

It has a couple directors and stars named as well, but I can't see all the info. Maybe it's an IMDB pro thing.....

It doesn't make sense to me because I thought what sparked this trilogy is something that had to do with a thing in the 18-hour TLJ timeline.
The Grey Jedi one is marked as short. Probably a fan film. Speaking of IMDB, just yesterday I checked something on Neil Blomkamp's page and the Alien sequel is still listed as "announced" despite development was shut down on it months ago.

IMDB does seem to list fan films in addition to official films. I wouldn't pay it any mind.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ah okay. So Rian Johnson is setting out to destroy the fan film community, too. Thanks for the clarification! :D

Ah okay. So Rian Johnson is setting out to destroy the fan film community, too. Thanks for the clarification! :D

The Grey Jedi! Because there is no right or wrong!

Oh, and zhe kills bad guys!

Tidy Bowl man, allow me to introduce you to Disney's version of Star Wars.

Short | Fantasy | Sci-Fi
Not yet released

I'm pretty sure I could have put that up with a premium IMDB pass.

At one time it was my ex's job to kill all the people making up who did what on Sausage Party.

it's like Wikipidia that way... I think.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back