Uncharted Live Action w/ Nathan Fillion

Well that was fun ! Though I wonder how this will play out with Sony, after all they have their own version with Tom Holland in the works. I don’t think they’ll be too pleased about this. Because now they’ll have their own official Uncharted movie, which by track record has 9/10 chances of being mediocre, compared to a very well made and pretty fun unlicensed fan film starring THE guy everybody said should play Drake, for years. And I though he was too old now, but honestly it still works.

Fillion would totally NAIL Drake!! It's so cool there are actors that would put themselves out there for a fan film like this!

- - - Updated - - -

Tom Holland.... Who the hell is that?

Well that was fun ! Though I wonder how this will play out with Sony, after all they have their own version with Tom Holland in the works. I don’t think they’ll be too pleased about this. Because now they’ll have their own official Uncharted movie, which by track record has 9/10 chances of being mediocre, compared to a very well made and pretty fun unlicensed fan film starring THE guy everybody said should play Drake, for years. And I though he was too old now, but honestly it still works.

So Sony thinks a 22 year old is the right choice to play Nathan Drake?

Man...that’s just a TERRIBLE decision.

Mmmm... I dunno. I mean, he could put some work in to get in a little better shape (like Ford did for ToD) so he looks a bit younger but I still think he's a bit too old for the role.

Last edited:
I would never have thought of Stephen Lang for Sully but holy crap he nailed it!
Fillion, as expected, was perfect and the tone/pacing of the whole project was just RIGHT.
I've seen other fan films that missed the mark but this one didn't.

Though I dont think an Uncharted movie should be made because the games are cinematic enough. If they do make one Fillion would be the best choice, they even modeled Drake after him in the fourth game.

I was hesitant to watch this since I'm a huge Uncharted fan and I usually don't like fan films of any kind, but damn this was good!

The cinematography was great and I'm amazed at how much Nathan Fillion looks like Drake. Some bits I thought I was watching the digital model.

Really hope Sony sees this and does something with it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back