Soylent Green: My replica can from the print ads.

RobertJ999

0D1FCF04-55AA-483F-92AB-06CC16441596.jpeg2FBB0CB0-9BDB-4B59-9D4B-0CC8AF88D109.jpegA1571638-D256-4DA5-B09C-3DCEEC5C19B9.jpeg
This is my reproduction of the Soylent Green can used in the print ads for the movie. I was never able to find a picture of the back of the can, so the Soylent Green slogan and recycle logo was just me having a bit of fun with the project.

I actually did a small run. I pulled in a favor from a buddy who was able to print it on a two color Heidelberg press. I created the lablei in two sizes. One for a Contadina Tomato paste can... just because it just looked good on a can with those dimensions, and one for a Nestles Nutriment can, which as far as I can tell, is the exact size of the one used in the print ads. It was printed in two passes through the press. Printing 4 color process like that is kind of a crap shoot because it hard to know what the final label witll look like... especially with a very short run. Anyway, I think it worked for the most part. And I want to thank you for your compliment. I will also be posting my Hal 9000 rerpo prob and my repro Wonka bar prop in the near futures

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the compliment!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the very kind words.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol... th@nks, Ted!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice work, Ed! I’ve done the same thing. I’ve placed them into cupboards and pantries of family and friends. It is really funny when they finally realize. Lol

Hey Kovnyn... are you asking me to put up a PDF or something that members could download and print out? If that is what you are asking I would of course do just that. I stumbled across this site looking for info on how to build a Hall 9000. And what I found on this site was amazing! So of course, I would share what I did with whoever would like it.

Hey Kovnyn... are you asking me to put up a PDF or something that members could download and print out? If that is what you are asking I would of course do just that. I stumbled across this site looking for info on how to build a Hall 9000. And what I found on this site was amazing! So of course, I would share what I did with whoever would like it.

I did save a copy of the one posted by ED-209, but I love the custom work you did on the back of the can, with the quote and recycle label. If you're willing to share a PDF or even a jpg file, I'd love it.

I’ve tried a number of times to upload the labels. Each time I’m being told that the file is too large. I will try next week when I return to work to make both labels I have something that can be uploaded.

F739C94F-2D3A-4F8D-963C-8EACE335624B.jpegEE2D5312-23D6-44B2-AA1F-8B5B0EB35A0A.jpeg
I hope this works. If not, I will try again next week. Here ya go... for whoever would like to make a can of their own. Two label sizes. One for a Contadina Tomato paste can and the other is for what I believe was the actual can size used in the print ads, A Nestlé’s nutriment can. Enjoy!

The recycle logo is so innocently grim, it's perfect. Downloaded, saved, and very appreciated. Thank you sir!

Now I need to get a bunch of nabisco crackers, some green food dye...make a nice savory pork broth, soak your crackers, then dye. Once dried, serve at inappropriate locale; tell people the pork flavor is 'long pig' if anyone asks. Afterwards, be banned from potlucks permanently.

Stojespal, you are welcome. As is anyone else who wants to make a can. Just paying it forward. I saved hours and hours of research on my Hal 9000 prop because of another member who posted his work here. And may I say, I appreciate you sense of humor. Bon appétit!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back