Soylent Green: My replica can from the print ads.

Sweet. Are you gonna update your label with the MGM credits?
Yeah... I mean now that I know what it should be... I kinda think I have to. Good thing I save my files. I’ll look into it when I have some time. Im curious to see if what I added, the Soylent Company motto and the recycle logo, can stay on the label. We will see.

I personally love the motto and recycle logo. But, I'd want the prop to be as close to screen accurate as possible. Maybe make a variety of labels, let the end user choose which one they want.

Thanks, guys! I am totally crazy at work, but between lunacy I have been tweaking the label. I even have been revisiting an ingredients label that I designed for earlier unused versions ( which lists all the things that make up a human being ) Anyway, not sure when I will get to finish anything, but I will post if and when.

Love this one!
1ebcd1e709b044bd1a4aa57454804693.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I wish you'd do another run. C'mon man, that's awesome!

-Rylo

I actually did a small run. I pulled in a favor from a buddy who was able to print it on a two color Heidelberg press. I created the lablei in two sizes. One for a Contadina Tomato paste can... just because it just looked good on a can with those dimensions, and one for a Nestles Nutriment can, which as far as I can tell, is the exact size of the one used in the print ads. It was printed in two passes through the press. Printing 4 color process like that is kind of a crap shoot because it hard to know what the final label witll look like... especially with a very short run. Anyway, I think it worked for the most part. And I want to thank you for your compliment. I will also be posting my Hal 9000 rerpo prob and my repro Wonka bar prop in the near futures

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the compliment!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the very kind words.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol... th@nks, Ted!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice work, Ed! I’ve done the same thing. I’ve placed them into cupboards and pantries of family and friends. It is really funny when they finally realize. Lol

Well, I wish you'd do another run. C'mon man, that's awesome!

-Rylo

Thanks for the compliment, Rylo. My buddy I had print this in two passes on a 2color press has begun looking for a new 4 color press. If he gets it, I will ask for the favor for him to print again. This will ensure better color and proper print registration. I also have been playing around by adding the movie credits that appear on the side of the original can. I never knew they were on there.

I would love to see a non-canon version of a Soylent Red and Soylent Yellow can. I think it would be great to have the full set on display next to each other. Anybody know the specific fonts that were used in this label?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back