Batman Suit; Help Needed!

Pinn

Long story, I ordered a custom made Batman suit online. They asked for exact measurements and I sent my exact body measurements to them. They made a beautiful suit almost exactly to the size. I understand the mistake was on my part for not knowing to scale up a bit. Needless to say, I can't really fit inside a suit built exactly the same size as me.

I contacted the company and explained the problem and they have been so amazing to me and said they will make me another. Just to be sure to send them new measurements.

Essentially, I can't raise my arms due to the armpits being 2-3 inches too low on my upper torso. (My range of motion with arms and legs and bending is undoable.) The only "pose" I can do is standing while slouched. If I try to stand straight, the suit feels like it will rip. If I try to bend over, I.E. putting on boots/sitting, it feels like everything will explode. I can't do the motions of sitting or bending over. Can't raise my knees more than 2 inches up.

So to all you other Batmans (Batmen?) out there....

How many inches did you size up for ordering custom made suits?
What areas are in dire need of extra inches? (to be able to sit, crouch, raise arms, etc.)

The suit is so tight on my entire body I can barely breathe in it. It takes my wife several minutes of using her whole body weight to pull on the legs and arms to get it off me.
I cannot take it off alone.

This is what I sent them originally:
Throat 16 in
Neck 17 in
Shoulder width 21 in
Chest 43 in
Waist 37.5 in
Hips 42 in
Thigh 24 in
Above knee 17 in
Below knee 13.5 in
Calf 14.5in
Inseam to floor 34.5 in
Inseam to ankle 31 in
Inseam to below knee 19 in
Bicep 14 in
Forearm 11.5 in
Wrist 7 in
Waist to hip 7 in
Waist to below knee 28 in
Waist to floor 47 in
Sleeve length 35 in

Height 6 ft. 2 in
Weight 195 lbs.

I won't have the suit ready now in time for Dragon Con, so there goes that, haha. Maybe next year.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I'd probably post over in the DC (Batman) section, but a moderator will probably move it soon anyway.

You would think the manufacturer would know how much to mark it up by. I'm not going to be able to help, but others might with more info like the type of suit and maker.

Batman suits generally hold their value, so you should be able to sell it for what you paid, and order that second one

What you're talking about is fitting ease - it's the difference between the body measurements and the actual garment measurements. It's different for all garments, depending on how they are cut/constructed and what they are made of.

I'm curious as to what this suit made of and how? If it's molded (latex or something similar) is it in a solid piece or in sections with a stretch areas? That makes a big difference in how it's cut and constructed.

To second what Sith Lord said, the manufacturer should know how to translate your body measurements to fit the garment - you shouldn't have to guess the ease when sending measurements.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back