TrooperTrents NEW floating Jedi remote!

I know we aren’t allowed to post eBay links... I didn’t know if we are allowed to share Etsy links.. so instead of getting in trouble here I put the link in the

I think the reason behind the "no live auction links" is to prevent sniping if someone was after a rare item, then someone on the RPF linked the auction, starting a bidding war.
I don't see any harm in posting a link to an etsy item that's not even currently available lol.

Such an epic creation you've made Trooper_trent!!! :thumbsup
Wish I had the funds. I'm saving for a possible entry into another run/build, of another prop. But, my hat is off to you sir!

Great review Halliwax!!! I will live vicariously through you. :cheers

First off, just amazing work here. This is what it's all about. I'll mirror the recent responses and say that I too would be very interested in a kit version. On a forum like this a lot of people are skilled enough and actually enjoy the assembly and painting process! I would love to paint and assemble one ;)

I'm not really interested in doing kits at this time, it's almost just as much work to organize everything into a kit form as it is to go ahead and just build one. Besides if you want a kit, Golden Armor has a resin cast one and I've seen a few people offer castings of the model pieces, just buy a 6' sphere and make it yourself.

I've got my process down and I have parts printed and cut, put into drawers, supplies at the ready, etc. So I think I'll keep doing these as a one off here and there for the time being. I'm only on the 3rd one so I haven't lost steam yet.

I'm not really interested in doing kits at this time, it's almost just as much work to organize everything into a kit form as it is to go ahead and just build one. Besides if you want a kit, Golden Armor has a resin cast one and I've seen a few people offer castings of the model pieces, just buy a 6' sphere and make it yourself.

I've got my process down and I have parts printed and cut, put into drawers, supplies at the ready, etc. So I think I'll keep doing these as a one off here and there for the time being. I'm only on the 3rd one so I haven't lost steam yet.

Probably not the best idea to recommned GA around here...

Hey guys. Just so everyone is clear, I will not be making a lot of these. They take a long time to make and my time with my family is worth a lot more than most people are probably willing to pay. I won't be churning these out and I'm not going to do a signup list. The only thing I'll be able to do is one remote at a time, at a pace that is comfortable for me, where I can give it the time and attention it deserves. That's why I only keep one in my etsy shop at a time. When someone orders, it's a 2-3 week turn around time (they're made to order) and when that one ships out and I have the time freed up, I'll put another one in my shop and it will be at a price that makes it worth it for me to invest the time away from family in order to make it.

For example. When the one in my shop was purchased this morning, I immediately started working on printing the model pieces. I've been doing that all day, non stop since 7am. That's 13 hours of babysitting the printer. It will then take another few hours to measure, mark, and cut the sphere. and another several hours to build the remote, another day to paint, another to weather, test, pack, ship, etc. All in all it's around 45+- hours. Material cost is over $140 per remote, so if I priced them at $499 each, that's roughly $350 for 45 hours, which is just barely over minimum wage LOL. I work 60+ hours a week at my normal job so, working over the entire weekend instead of spending it with my family isn't something I'm going to be willing to do very often unless it's financially worth it. ;)

Just trying to put it into perspective. This will more than likely be a very very limited edition.

Cheers

Charge what you want. If people want -they will pay. Some people (non prop makers) have no idea of the time that goes into these projects. Fantastic work on your part.

Thanks. After doing a few of them I have streamlined my process, made some improvements and am using some different materials and equipment that will take these up a notch.
I can't wait for you guys to see the one I'm working on now.

Here’s the latest progress in my current commission.
I think I really have this dialed in now
4851bdfb27689a1ebf578936d5c87346.jpg

f07bda460b5112cb60b3bdc78245a18e.jpg

22fa42d997aefc3afba53f9c215b654f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely love the back lighting color inside the remote!

I don't mean to high jack, but can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can find the greeblies for this? I'd love to have a go but don't want to make the greeblies from scratch...I find this absolutely brilliant!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back