base gun to build a star wars replica off of

MaxtheNinja

Hello, I want to create a working star wars blaster. I am planning on getting an airsoft gun and making it a star wars gun. What are some real gun models that are similar to star wars guns that I can use?
Thanks!
modify_inline.gif

modify_inline.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well like I have said before you need to be specific as all the blasters are different. Hans was based off a real Mouser gun model kit. A Star Wars blaster is way to vague as all of them have different origins.

Umm, I was just wanting to know if there were star wars guns that were based off real guns so I could create a weapon to use in my star wars rp kit. Could be a rifle or pistol. Han's pistol being a Mauser is cool! I didn't realize that before...

I know they make a assortment of Airsoft Star Wars blaster, Han's, storm tropes, (pistol and rifle) so on so forth they range about $200-$300. But if you are more wanting to make one than just buy one, yes Han's is a modified Mauser. I know for a pistol blaster you can use a A180 Pistol and WE-Tech makes a Luger P08 that would do the trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
The M16 was used for the base of the Endor commandos blaster, and the STG44 was used for the Hoth Rebel soldiers. If you're doing an airsoft build, the A280, M16 base, would likely be one of the easier ones to do.
Stormtrooper blasters (E11) we're Sterling sub machine guns.
Boba Fetts EE3 was based off a Webley and Scott flare gun. His sidearm was based off a spear gun, as we're the Bespin Wing Guards (different model spear gun). Modified Lewis machine guns were used by sand troopers. The MG34 was another one used in Star Wars.
The prototype Super Trooper used an Uzi as the base for the auto blaster, but it's not the most recognizable blaster that most people would recognize.

There are cheap spring power airsoft Mauser C96 pistols available, and make a so so base. I got one on eBay for about $7. That would be a good place to start, as there are numerous DL44 kits for sale.

Here's an article about the real guns used in Star Wars.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/10/20/the-real-world-small-arms-that-inspired-the-weapons-of-star-wars/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ea2fe7f09536

If your going for your own design just pick whatever you like and build off of it... that's basically what they did. Unless you want to replicate a specific blaster there's no need to use a specific base. That's just my opinion...

I would go with something that is based off a common gun. Maybe the A280 from rogue one (based off an m4), and build it off an airsoft m4 (you could try the HK416, it is a solid gun that looks like it would fit your needs.

If you want to go custom just choose what airsoft speaks to you and go to town. If it's a blaster used on film say which one or preferably put up a picture of it and let the forum take a swing.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back