Vintage ANH Graflex D-Ring find - correct shapes mount!

RoyDeckard

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, just wanted to post up a quick find up for you guys!

I’ve been searching for a vintage D-Ring to use on my Obi Wan Saber and came across what was labeled as a Graflex Case. Unlike many others I saw, this one only had two. But the shape of the mount for the D-Rings Caught my attention:

7c865825864d894a9980cc198fc9a9dd.jpg
710b266b8548e4373a7435151e7fad8f.jpg

I immediately picked up the box and had it come in today, to see my suspicions to be correct! Vintage correct looking mounts! I’ve seen these on some vintage instrument cases here and there, but it was a first for me on a Graflex case!

32e307e32a7064e385f998fe5f22c6a0.jpg

They were quite rusty, but cleaned up fairly well. Bit of pitting, but it adds to the feel of the D-Ring for sure. Unfortunately I couldn’t find a maker for the case on it anywhere. But it was the first time I had seen a correct vintage mount on a Graflex case! As of now I will be keeping both for an Obi and a Luke saber, but we’ll see if that changes.

5ff02dc2597d6056ff1aa5900843900a.jpg

Obviously I’m not saying that this is definitely where the D-Ring came from; we all know Roger Christian said he had a collection of them and chose one out of his box of them. But guys. Keep looking! They are on Graflex cases out there!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I've seen several cases over the years with the correct mounts and rings, they've just always been included with the camera and all its other stuff, or been listed alone, but the asking price was just silly when all you want is a little bit off the thing!

It's actually really weird that this has come up again, because I was looking literally YESTERDAY for a supplier for the correct shaped rings. Like the ones Roy sells. I can't find anyone, I looked for hours and it was maddening!

I did find some with the correct shape, but they were way too large.

Roy, if you're out there reading this, do you have your rings custom formed or what?! Either way, for now I simply give up the search. Just don't have the time.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back