1/18 1989 batmobile mods...

MARK M3

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A project completed awhile ago, my 1/18 Hot Wheels 1989 Batmobile. This is the most accurate Model of the car. The body is dead on to the original. I wasn't totally happy however so I performed a list of mods...I added lighting, repainted the car to mimic the flip/flop paint on the original, detailed the side pipes with painting and bare metal foil, per the car as it was seen in the original film. I also sanded the tires down a little to simulate wear and repainted the hub caps, again per the film. The machine guns were weathered and detail painted. the rear after burner was also weathered The inside rear fender vents were dry brushed with silver. The cockpit controls were accurately painted to mimic the look of the film.

Oooh the finish on that is PERFECT. That back end shot looks like a production shot of the full sized prop.

This is probably the finest model or replica I have seen- it does look just like the actual vehicle used in the film!

Is there a photo of the dash/instrument cluster?

Beautiful job. That model has proportions right on the money.

I think I'm seeing dark blue highlights on the bodywork. Care to talk about that paint finish?

That looks great. Perfect collection item.

What is the flip/flop paint on the original?
Theres always such little details I miss watching a movie.

Many thanks guys! The flip flop paint on the original was Burton’s idea to have the car take on more of a living thing... like an insect. Depending on the lighting, the car would have blue, green, red tint to it. I replicated that on my car best I could.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back