Silly Predator 2 question

You are proving my point. When talking light travel you should NOT ADD time for those not traveling, you should subtract time from those traveling: ergo: a 4 light year flight will appear to take less time for the traveler, but it still takes 4 years for everyone else. The EXACT OPPOSITE of what people say and even their examples for proving their point proves mine.

Maybe I did not make the point clear, but no one is adding or subtracting time. The passage of time is relative for each person

The round tip takes a month for a traveller.

For someone on earth years may have passed. The traveller experienced a month, the person left on earth experienced years

The net effect being that the traveller seemed to have travelled into the future compared to the person who remained on earth the whole time

Yes, I was kinda focused on my own argument that I failed to see the point you were making. Sorry about that. I agree.

What I took issue with regarding discussions on light travel is that I have seen it described in the following way where a trip to a location 4 light years away will have it take 4 years for the traveler to get there and 4 years to get back, where it has been a lot longer years having transpired on Earth. That's what I take issue with, 'cause that's the opposite of what the data states, where the 4 light year distance is from the perspective of those on Earth, and the travelers will arrive at that destination having spent less than 4 years to reach it, in their time. If the travelers spent journeying for 4 years in their time, then they go far beyond 4 light years away from the point of origin. There's a difference between a distance of 4 years and traveling 4 years. Or am I completely misunderstanding and overcomplicating things?

But you described it the way I agree with and what the data states and I apologize for interpreting it wrong.

On Neca´s packaging says that the predators are "travelers of both time and space".
So, should we think Elder obtained the Adolini flintlock because he travelled back to 1715 and killed it´s owner? Or is he so old that's being visiting earth for a couple of centuries or more? Think it´s a personal preference, but, what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
At the end of the day we all travellers of time, but can only do one direction. :)

88E676E1-B6B3-4641-A9A1-F3F420D19803.gifF52DF571-0BAE-4644-BF57-BD80FD94CB3C.gif

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back