2018 San Diego CommieCon - Who's going? What to see, etc ?

shpider

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
How many of you weirdos are going to Comic-Con ? Anyone hear or know of events, exhibits, activities etc that shouldn't be missed? Every year I hear about some awesome gem that was on display or an awesome activity that I had no idea about and totally missed...

Much like some kind of abusive relationship, we swear every year that "this is the last year"... We're going back again, because this time it will be different... Comic-Con loves me, it just has issues properly expressing it. It doesn't mean to hurt me... My girlfriend and I will be there all week... She will have a ton of stuff at the Art Show which everyone should go check out... There are a ton of talented artist that display and sell their work there and I feel that the Art Show unfortunately doesn't get the traffic it deserves, especially now that it's at the Grand Hyatt next door... (Her stuff is listed as Wookie Designs - shameless plug)...

This year we are pretty much avoiding the panels as they have become nigh-impossible to get into unless you are willing to spend a ridiculous amount of time in line... Folks are getting in line the afternoon / early evening the day before and sleeping in line to get into Hall H !! Perhaps we'll try for one or 2 of the smaller ones... but even those have become ridiculous... It's amazing to me how much the Con has grown since I started going in 2004... I think I've only missed one year since!

Anyway enough rambling... Hopefully folks will post the cool stuff so those of us attending can check it out (and those not attending can live vicariously through us) !!

You can find me waiting in the forever lines of Marvel and Mondo booths in the exhibit halls.

There's tons of offsites, too. I managed to snag a Mondo tiki party ticket, and get a reservation at a few bar after parties and the Ready Player One offsite on Sunday.

Two things I'm hoping to do: get into the Voltron: Legendary Defender panel on Friday, and try to get a Kohei Horikoshi autograph from Viz on Saturday.

I'll be going on Saturday. Im like that too with the whole "this is the last year" stuff then I end up going again lol. Im going as Indiana Jones on Sat. Since its my only day, probably gonna use that time to look at the floor, I comissioned a few art commissions. Thinking about buying some more art now that I got a binder to put it in now that I am running out of space on my walls.

Hey, Anyone willing to pick me up a couple posters at the Mondo booth so I don't have to go to the insane secondary market for them???

If anyone pops by the ANOVOS booth, I'd very much appreciate it if y'all could pester them a bit about what's happening with the Star Lord jackets!

They've all but officially confirmed that they switched manufacturers due to issues, and in at the same time switched to real leather instead of the pleather of the prototype. They were supposed to ship back in April and there have been zero official announcements about them since then beyond them saying they aren't 'allowed' to talk about them yet but are working to get it sorted.

Have fun everyone!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back