Ant Man and the Wasp: Portable Ant Man suit

Speaking of the SDCC/Marvel Legends Ant Man micro figure, a friend of mine who deals in figures said to dip him in hot water (from a kettle) a few seconds at a time. But only the parts you want moved, then slightly position them the way you like. He's too small for a air dryer or heat gun, since it would heat his entire body. I'll be trying this method, and will post my results.

Ant_Man_IMG_4847.JPG
My issue all day was I kept finding them in the right case color. However, the items were in pink. I finally broke down and figured I'd just paint the items. I found them both at Wal*Mart and Jo-Ann's Fabrics. And like so many of you I need a figure that fits. So I'd be game if someone decides to put one on Shapeways. My other idea was the Ant-Man from Heroclixs.

The Heroclix figure is a little too big, the SDCC/Marvel Legends is pretty spot on. I’ll post a picture of him in the case. I love the Heroclix figure, sucks it’s too big, the detail and pose are perfect.

[QUOT
]View attachment 829773
My issue all day was I kept finding them in the right case color. However, the items were in pink. I finally broke down and figured I'd just paint the items. I found them both at Wal*Mart and Jo-Ann's Fabrics. And like so many of you I need a figure that fits. So I'd be game if someone decides to put one on Shapeways. My other idea was the Ant-Man from Heroclixs.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the Heroclix figure is close to double the size. All of the poses are off. I'm curious to see how people get on with reshaping the SDCC figure, but in the meantime I thought it would be fun to try to put my 3d scanner to proper use. I bought the Tomy figure, which is pretty much the exact pose and it's really detailed at 3" tall. I'm going to scan it, shrink it down, and upload it to Shapeways. I'll keep you guys posted.

I love that you're going to shrink Ant Man, it's like it was meant to be! Really can't wait to see what you come up with

Yea, the Heroclix figure is close to double the size. All of the poses are off. I'm curious to see how people get on with reshaping the SDCC figure, but in the meantime I thought it would be fun to try to put my 3d scanner to proper use. I bought the Tomy figure, which is pretty much the exact pose and it's really detailed at 3" tall. I'm going to scan it, shrink it down, and upload it to Shapeways. I'll keep you guys posted.

Haha. It's funny, I'm also working on The Atom suit and storage case from Legends of Tomorrow, and the Tomy Ant Man is the correct scale for that case and the smaller version of The Atom that comes with his action figure is the right scale for the Ant Man case.

I found 3 kits in the right color at one walmart for full price, $1.72.

Another walmart had them, but none in the right color, and they were on clearance for $1.00. I picked up one there in blue for my convention repair kit.

I grabbed like ten of these yesterday at local Walmart,they must have just restocked the shelves cause they had plenty of them in black. If anyone lives in south jersey area and can’t find them I have extras.

So for anyone that has seen the movie multiple times (I didn't notice when I saw it). Is this section the only thing removed from the case? I can't tell from the muddled clips I've found online.

IMG_3715.jpg

I'm using the SDCC Match Box one, which I believe is the same one from the Marvel Legends figure. You are correct, the details aren't great, but size wise, he's perfect. I'd also have to see if I can modify his pose, but I'm not entirely sure what he's made of. Plastic? Rubber? I've never taken him out of his package, how does he feel to you? I certainly don't want to snap his leg off if he's made from some really flimsy material.

So which Ant-Man are you guys thinking of using? I own the one that came with the Marvel Legends but the details aren't that great:

View attachment 830128

Do any of you own the one that came with the Marvel Select:

View attachment 830129

The SDCC fits perfectly, and it's 1.9 cm tall. It MAY fit, but I don't know if it would look tight, since the SDCC one is spot on. I'd love to see it though, cause the detail is spot on.

The miniature Ant Man that came with the Hot Toys figure is 2.8 cm tall. Would that work?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back