Chronicle Collectibles JP Cryocan

Definitely excited for this! I already have Rylo's, which in my eyes is 98% screen accurate. But I'd welcome a 100% accurate one to accompany it.

I almost started making a new accurate shell for my Rylo, based on a video I saw on youtube (jurassiccollectibles I think). Glad I didn't start yet.

Exciting stuff happening with these! I'll be sure and update as the project moves along. As a number of you already know, I've collaborated with Paul from Chronicle for years and we're planning to work together on this one too. Be sure and look for the proto at Comic-Con. The rendering up top is just something the art guys made a first pass at.

-Rylo

Exciting stuff happening with these! I'll be sure and update as the project moves along. As a number of you already know, I've collaborated with Paul from Chronicle for years and we're planning to work together on this one too. Be sure and look for the proto at Comic-Con. The rendering up top is just something the art guys made a first pass at.

-Rylo

Ok, this just upped my interest in this.

This is interesting, though I'm a little weary of chronicle after they lied about their John wick blood oath marker. They said it was cast from a screen used prop, but after everyone pointed out various flaws, they admitted it was from digital files and it was missing some pretty obvious stuff.

This is interesting, though I'm a little weary of chronicle after they lied about their John wick blood oath marker. They said it was cast from a screen used prop, but after everyone pointed out various flaws, they admitted it was from digital files and it was missing some pretty obvious stuff.

Yeah, they're making me nervous.

I may be mistaken, but didn't Rymo say that he supplied one of his own Crycocans for Chronicle to study?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, that's a pretty big 'oops'...

Rylo keeps selling just the racks here for $195... But this is supposedly a Rylo rack, can, and vials for $200?

That is why most are skeptical about that price. Remember, their Night vision goggles were originally quoted at around $100... and we know that didn’t happen.

Recent post from CC on FB...they again stated sub$200
image.png

Looks to to be one of Rylos units?
image.jpeg

Well, if it says Palmetto, yeah. :) That IS Rylo. Side note, that is an old pic, too, IIRC.

edit: as every good OG RPFer should do, I re-read the post and realized you likely were comparing the pics, rather than BOTH being examples.
I can only personally take two things from this:

1) If Rylo is working with Chronicle on this (not sure?), he will make sure they know exactly what is necessary to make the best cans (yes, can-correct) possible.

2) Chronicle, with that information, will do whatever TF they would like, and meet a price point that might unfortunately hit more demand than it does value. Just my two cents, but how many times have we a) thrown money after seeing a 'finished proto' and been disappointed, or b) waited for one of our fellow addicts to buy and review first before purchasing, at risk of a price change or missing on a limited run.....

Again, just my two cents, but previous experience is a great indicator of future expectations. I will keep my Rylo, and not sweat my can. Rylo's going to be amazing us for (hopefully) another 40 years.... I eagerly await Chronicle to prove something equal to the quality and detail, it would be nice to see it at a price point that is worth the value. Again just my two cents, and kudos to people making their own cans now, but I like what I've got. :)

Last edited:
Well, if it says Palmetto, yeah. :) That IS Rylo. Side note, that is an old pic, too, IIRC.

edit: as every good OG RPFer should do, I re-read the post and realized you likely were comparing the pics, rather than BOTH being examples.
I can only personally take two things from this:

1) If Rylo is working with Chronicle on this (not sure?), he will make sure they know exactly what is necessary to make the best cans (yes, can-correct) possible.

2) Chronicle, with that information, will do whatever TF they would like, and meet a price point that might unfortunately hit more demand than it does value. Just my two cents, but how many times have we a) thrown money after seeing a 'finished proto' and been disappointed, or b) waited for one of our fellow addicts to buy and review first before purchasing, at risk of a price change or missing on a limited run.....

Again, just my two cents, but previous experience is a great indicator of future expectations. I will keep my Rylo, and not sweat my can. Rylo's going to be amazing us for (hopefully) another 40 years.... I eagerly await Chronicle to prove something equal to the quality and detail, it would be nice to see it at a price point that is worth the value. Again just my two cents, and kudos to people making their own cans now, but I like what I've got. :)

I think zjunlimited was using the bottom Rylo (Palmetto EFX) image as a comparison to the top Chronicle image. And on the last page of this thread, Rylo did confirm he is working with them on this item.

No it is NOT a Rylo rack, Can, and vials.

Chronicles is doing their own version that Ry is consulting on

Rylo keeps selling just the racks here for $195... But this is supposedly a Rylo rack, can, and vials for $200?

Sure.... they wouldn't allow their brand to be used on commercial products. :lol

View attachment 828932

Plus looking at the obvious render in the first post, there are a few tells.

#1. The image is also on the inside of the can. I HIGHLY doubt they will waste funds printing the inside, let alone the inside graphics do not feel like they are truly following the curve of the interior.

#2. If you look along the bottom edge of the can, down on the right side, you can see where they didn't bother trimming the graphic to the proper curve and the image goes off the piece slightly. That just screams "rendered".

I dont know if anyone has pointed this out but in the article it says ". The label is only stretched there because of the program the images came from."

Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke with the guys at Chronicle twice at SDCC 2018 about this can... They are indeed working with Rylo and, here's the interesting part, Barbasol. They said Barbasol will produce the cans for them exactly as they originally made them... Steel with no shoulders!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back