Chronicle Collectibles JP Cryocan

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Forgive me if this has been posted already.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/an-official-replica-of-the-barbasol-can-from-jurassic-p-1827324032

kkmtro8uiardyzjtlzso.jpg rlvbfpepyvtjuyoi99jp.jpg

$200 price point is not bad at all.

That seems very reasonable. It also seems to have the accurate shell, not having the lip curve in at the top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It looks like the 100 percent accurate replica will finally be made. But we'll see when the final product comes out. Lisenced prop companies have been known to change the product before it's released. I'm optimistic.

umm....either, that is just a render, and flawed, or a product that is flawed. Check more closely at the word BARBASOL. The text label (in both pics) is cut off after the 'S".

I would HOPE that the product is NOT as pictured. But if it's not as pictured, then how can we know if the product will actually be accurate or not ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so it is just a rendering, and they didn't wrap their label texture onto the shape properly.
But it does appear then, that they will print the sides of the can in plastic. Even our whipped cream cans converted to Barbasol cans still have metal sides.
It will look the part, however.

Aren't these the same people who are releasing/released the JP Night Vision Goggles that were supposed to be one price but they changed it to a higher price?

This looks like it might be okay but this is something I won't order until I've read some reviews on it and find out just how accurate it is. I still have my Rylo can and I'm very happy with it.

Aren't these the same people who are releasing/released the JP Night Vision Goggles that were supposed to be one price but they changed it to a higher price?

This looks like it might be okay but this is something I won't order until I've read some reviews on it and find out just how accurate it is. I still have my Rylo can and I'm very happy with it.

Good point.

In the European community everyone is super excited about this. A lot of fans are very young and just know JP trough Jurassic World. Rylos cans are mostly sold out, so of course everyone wants to get one, because this time they will be available in toy- and merchandise stores. So I think it's a big deal for some people. I will wait and see what they come up with. Also have a Rylo can and still happy with it. But I have to admit I never made a comparisation for accuracy between my can and the screenused one...

I don't think there's a render error. There's no way Barbasol would lend out their product name for a consumer replica.

"Now, the final product will actually look better than those photos. The label is only stretched there because of the program the images came from. On the final product, it will be 100% screen accurate. Barbasol has also reportedly changed the shape of their can in the years since the film so Chronicle will make sure the shape of the can is appropriately vintage as well."

I don't think there's a render error. There's no way Barbasol would lend out their product name for a consumer replica.

Sure.... they wouldn't allow their brand to be used on commercial products. :lol

RTcyRkQxNjgxN0YyNEMxRDM3RTA6NGI4ODFjZjc3NGU0OThkODI2NjVhZTIzMzZhNzU0YmE6Ojo6OjA=.jpg

Plus looking at the obvious render in the first post, there are a few tells.

#1. The image is also on the inside of the can. I HIGHLY doubt they will waste funds printing the inside, let alone the inside graphics do not feel like they are truly following the curve of the interior.

#2. If you look along the bottom edge of the can, down on the right side, you can see where they didn't bother trimming the graphic to the proper curve and the image goes off the piece slightly. That just screams "rendered".

Sure.... they wouldn't allow their brand to be used on commercial products. :lol

View attachment 828932

Plus looking at the obvious render in the first post, there are a few tells.

#1. The image is also on the inside of the can. I HIGHLY doubt they will waste funds printing the inside, let alone the inside graphics do not feel like they are truly following the curve of the interior.

#2. If you look along the bottom edge of the can, down on the right side, you can see where they didn't bother trimming the graphic to the proper curve and the image goes off the piece slightly. That just screams "rendered".

Oh, cool, I thought I said "I stand corrected", but you can keep harping on it.

Oh, cool, I thought I said "I stand corrected", but you can keep harping on it.

Actually, looking at your post times, Moviefreak most likely started typing his message right before yours actually posted. And being a longer message, posted after yours.

Simple message lag.

Actually, looking at your post times, Moviefreak most likely started typing his message right before yours actually posted. And being a longer message, posted after yours.

Simple message lag.
You are correct. I typed and as soon as I posted it, someone had swept in and posted. :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back