Ant-Man and the Wasp (Post-release)

What did you think of Ant-Man and the Wasp?

• It was okay. Not too pleased with it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's incredibly frustrating that us British fans have to wait another month to see this film.
I'm going to avoid any further posts to avoid spoilers.

Fun. Not as good as the first and played a wee bit too long but at least there weren’t interminable fight scenes bogging it down.

Lots of physics issues as in the first, but the humor allows suspension.

With the return of Janet this film could have been a lot heavier than it was. A light film is exactly what we needed after IW.

It was great. The story was cohesive, no real plot problems. Differentiated itself from the first by not being a heist film again.

Action was varied. Ant-Man and Wasp essentially the same powers, but use them differently enough. Ghost was also very fun to watch.

Very funny. I would say at least as humorous as the first movie.

Parts all played well. I didn't feel there was a weak performance in the whole lot.

Special effects all looked good. Nothing overly "CGI" looking, not even the microverse stuff.

The mid-credit scene. I saw it coming, but it was still effective.

Overall, another great effort from Marvel. Keep'em coming.

Just got back from seeing it again. In the mid credits scene Janet makes mention of some kind of time vortex in the quantum realm that she tells Scott to watch out for. Since there have been onset photos from Avengers 4 showing some signs of possible time travel, I wonder if Scott Lang will be the one to undo Thanos' Snapture and bring some of the people back?

I’m not very familiar with Marvel Characters or Ant-Man for that matter but I saw this last night and loved it start to finish. Great effects, action, and some great moments of humor. Terrific movie, and after seeing it I’m going to look into picking up some comics with Ant-Man in them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw it last night. I thought it was enjoyable and funny. Nothing too serious, but it ties into the grand MCU storyline and keeps it moving along. Some things that kind of bugged me after awhile were the malfunctioning suit, which was funny at first when he shrank to the size of a child in the school but after awhile it seemed to be more of a distraction. The shrinking cars also were fun but seemed a bit much after awhile. I thought the CGI was great as usual and the dual shrinking and growing fight scenes were pretty cool. Also the Wasp is a badass and Evangeline Lilly is hot AF LOL. Ghost was pretty cool and it was nice to not have an actual villain but someone who was just trying to help herself and her pain.

So was Scott spared because he was lucky or do you think he was spared because Thanos' snap doesnt affect the Quantum Realm?

Also And Man and the Wasp will return "?". Anyone else notice that?

Loved it. I think we all knew that somebody was gonna fade away by the end, but I didn't expect it to happen like this, not with Scott stuck in the Quantum realm. I was literally picturing Scott in a family dinner with either Hope, Janet, and Hank or Cassie, Maggie, and Paxton and then one or two would fade away before Scott's eyes. But he might be able to get out if he enters the time vortex that Janet was talking about.

USA fans never had to wait a whole month after a UK release, at most a week or two.

They made the right call.

The football last night would have certainly effected the BO strongly. Everywhere that WASN'T showing the match was dead quiet because everyone was at home or at soccer parties. You could hear the huge roars of delight when England scored their goals across the valley. And that continued with the Russia/Croatia match later, which didn't finish until about ten. Everybody was celebrating the win, I took the dog out at 5.30 am when it was cool and pleasant and I passed about seven people walking home still drinking and happy, and that hasn't happened in ages.

It did make me feel kind of old though , particularly when they were saying most of the team weren't even born the last time England reached the semi finals in 1990. Had one of the best summers of my life back then.

Anyway, with the weather this hot and the football so popular it was a very good decision to delay. "Incredibles 2" opens 13th July, then "Mission Impossible 6" 25th July so it would be best to avoid those,and although "Ant Man and the Wasp" hitting 2nd August feels kind of late it isn't.

Why?

Because thats it for the summer. As far as I can tell there is nothing major being released in the "huge" BO catagory until late Novemberish in the UK ,which is kind of strange. So these three films are going to have the cinemas to mostly to themselves for the summer holidays.

Thought the movie was pretty good. Enjoyed it a wee bit more than the first one I must admit. Plenty of laughs to keep me entertained and yeah, that mid-credits scene, man.

I enjoyed Michael Pena's role here and laughed at the return of his monologue, though it wasn't as much of a scene-stealer like in the last film. His insistence that what Sonny's stooge had was a truth serum was hilarious. My god, the afro/locks he was sporting in the prison flashback ~ hahahahahahahahaha!

The giant ant makes a comeback, though I understand that it's not the same one as the one which Cassie kept at the end of the first movie. Luis' two fellow ex-cons didn't get much to do but it was still good to see them again. Michelle Pfieffer was awesome. Laurence Fishburne was okay. Hannah John-Kamen was pretty cool as Ghost. The Sonny Burch character was mildly annoying as a mobster sort of character but I was happy with his comeuppance in the end.

I was happy that Evangeline Lilly got to do a lot in this movie. Her character was itching for the role in the first one and she proves she has what it takes in this sequel. Bad-ass. The chemistry between her and Paul Rudd was good too.

Surprised no one died in this movie ~ flashbacks and mid-credits scene not withstanding of course.

Pretty good. 7/10.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back