Scratch Build SD

Muzza

Sr Member
Waiting on some lights for my Blockade runner I thought what to do while I was waiting.

I took out my Sith planet SD bridge and worked out how big the Star Destroyer would be if I scaled it.

IMG_1704.jpgIMG_1703.jpgIMG_1706.jpgIMG_1707.jpgIMG_1708.jpgIMG_1709.jpgIMG_1710.jpgIMG_1711.jpg

It scaled ot to be 3.5m long x 2m wide or 11' 6" x 6' 6"

So lets give it ago!

I started with 5 sheets of 6mm core flute.

When you say ‘ hang it ‘ ... Are you planning to display it from the ceiling ( theatre room ) with the Blockade Runner underneath ?
Or am I way off in thinking about your post above !?
Either way - subbed .

Ged

When you say ‘ hang it ‘ ... Are you planning to display it from the ceiling ( theatre room ) with the Blockade Runner underneath ?
Or am I way off in thinking about your post above !?
Either way - subbed .

Ged

the blockade runner I have is 40inches long so it will not be in scale but that is the idea to hang it up.

Good God, that thing is going to be monstrous!

Should be easy scratch-building a bunch of greeblies for it though. At that scale, so many found elements could work added to basic secondary shapes made from styrene or the flute.

Considering how much I'm going to need to break apart and rework on my Cooper SD, I'm realizing now it might have been easier to just scratch-build the whole thing to a size that would have been more ideal, and out of materials that I could have worked with without needing a respirator. Not to mention how much money I could have saved doing it that way.

Live and learn.

Looking forward to seeing this progress- though it already looks like your going at a pretty good clip.

At this scale greeblies will be easy! Do it the way they really did and just get a bunch of old model kits and use the parts.

The Millennium Falcon has a load of parts on it from WW2 tanks, and F1 cars.

We start making up the side wall detail. once again it is not canon it is made up of what was on hand.
Once we had the basic finished piece a mold was made silicon and resin strips made to cover the side of both sides of the Star Destroyer.
After the parts had been molded we painted them with primer to help with any light leakage. When painted I added more parts (greeblies) to the panel to give each panel its individuality.
I mainly added ship parts at least 5-6 ship guns to each, cranes and radars were also add.

IMG_1743.jpgIMG_1744.jpgIMG_1819.jpgIMG_1837.jpgIMG_1838.jpgIMG_1842.jpgIMG_1843.jpgIMG_1844.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back