My Gonk droid build

Markas1976

I finished my tie fighter at end of may and as I entered June I was a bit lost I'd counted on the tie fighter build to see me thru till my holiday. I had managed to get hold of materials quicker than I thought and spent many hours some days working on it so managed to knock a good 3 wks of my expected time to make it.
So I decided I'd make a gonk a nice smaller easier droid build so I studied the pictures I had to decided what I may need and sizes and what I would do for his stability etc.

DSC_9068.JPG
I knew making him was in back of my mind and one day at work I saw the soap dispensers being chucked out as new company was taking over and things was gona b all new. As I looked at them lying in a box flat I began to see gonk's feet so thought ok I'm taking 2 of them home .
So I did and with a good old black spray paint viola we have worthy gonk feet ☺.

DSC_9075.JPG
Then I cut holes into the tops of them yes Ud think that should have been done first but I didn't wana use these dispensers as gonk's feet till they was sprayed and I could see if they would look good first.
Plus I gave them a tiny top up paint on top anyway once was finished the feet-leg bases ☺

Life size seth I'm sure I have him going up at around 1.1-1.2 metre I'm sure in inches Its around 42-44 approx ☺

Last edited:
DSC_9073.JPG
Then I put the metal pole into the foot hole. I acquired the poles at a local dump-waste place for £1 each I got 2 one for inside each leg for strength and more stability

DSC_9072.JPG
When I bought this black ribbed piping from a local builders yard I checked the metal pipe in precious pic fitted thru the hole of this which it did with ease.
So I added the black ribbed plastic piping down over the metal pipe which was already thru the foot hole the tighter the hole is cut for metal pipe to go thru the better it will stand although I have another thing I'm gona do to help with this even more soon

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_9076.JPG
And same again with the other leg metal pipe into the pre drawn around and cut hole into the foot piece. ☺

Last edited:
DSC_9079.JPG
So viola here u have it so far 2 soap dispenser feet sprayed black then holes cut into them to fit metal poles in and finally black ribbed plastic piping over the top of the metal pipes ☺

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_9089.JPG
A few bits and pieces for the build still others to get of course

I haven't actually seth as good an idea as that sounds mine is just gona be a prop. Im betting a wearable gonk done to a close spec to the original would need either a kid or dwarf inside it or it could get very uncomfortable being hunched over a while in it eh

Azheat01 they r ace love them like. I defo seen them before I'm sure of it.
I've got plans for a movie room in my log cabin I store my tie fighter I just finished a month ago in there so with a added huge screen and a bjnhh of seating etc it would b smart but not just yet.

DSC_9102.JPG
So with both legs ready I prepared a piece of wood I would end up having between both storage tubs giving stability and some weight less easy to blow over ☺.
Also allowing me with ease to screw both tubs to the wood all I had to sort apart from measuring the wood and a cutting it out was to cut the holes thru the wood for the metal poles in the legs to come through.
Also of course same size holes in bottom of the bottom tub for poles to go through also after that they r thur inside hidden once tubs r all painted ☺

DSC_9113.JPG
So with legs sorted and holes for them to run into the body also dealt with I began prepping the upper body tub of gonk firstly his face part a baking tray around about a 8" Square tray.

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_9114.JPG
Front angle of this too the tubs are 80 ltr storage tubs from eBay ☺.

DSC_9116.JPG
Nxt up was to add one of the recognisable small round tub shapes to the top container at the top back left of him left being if ur looking at him front on of course ☺.

DSC_9117.JPG
Then the second small round container added in line with it and just below it ☺

DSC_9118.JPG
Another good angle of it

Last edited:
I am going to keep this gonk build as classic as possible nothing too fancy or off track from what u see in the original trilogy just a couple of little additions mabye

DSC_9120.JPG
So I now used my drill fitting a round piece with teeth all around it to cut thru the baking tray face so I could put this white torch thru the hole.
I picked this torch as I liked the size and length of it plus it balanced outside and in well and looked good in the face area.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back