My Gonk droid build

DSC_9121.JPG
As u can c in this angle the torch is a good length but it sits in thru the hole well and required less work keeping it in place due to this ☺.
Plus I can remove the whole baking tray face panel with minimum effort so it works well with this too.
I made it this way so I could get inside it if ever needed to

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_9122.JPG
Ta da front angle it looks fine I seen a good gonk finished online and took idea for this torch shape from that but the eone wasn't a light and I fancied a light so that's how I reached this decision. This is one of the small addition I'm gona add that's not on original gonk

Last edited:
DSC_9123.JPG
That's the baking tray face part bk in place with the big torch piece in it remember that fade panel is easily removed as longs u cut that square into the plastic body container close enough to the base size of the baking tray it will go in and out whne u need it to pretty tightly. U just have to draw round base of baking tray onto the plastic exactly where u would wana put it which should be central and near the top. ☺

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_9124.JPG
Now I began adding the thin metal piping to gonk's small side round containers the piping is just like u would see on most showers the piping that runs from the shower box to the shower tap itself.

DSC_9126.JPG
And the 2nd half of the piping is added into cut holes on the small round containers on gonk's side now. ☺

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_9127.JPG
A fine angle of it this

Yes glad to hear it I've had to delete them once I've noticed and then put them in again quite a lot in the past I don't know why.

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_9128.JPG
Close up

DSC_9129.JPG
Bottom body container there on the left top one on the right and the legs and feet ready and waiting ☺.
One of the metal poles is just longer inside the legs but it doesn't matter cause once the bottom body container holes r cut the piece of wood for between the containers holes r already cut too. Then these poles will go through them both and u won't see them again very shortly ☺

DSC_9134.JPG
And its on one of his defining greeblies ☺

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_9135.JPG
Close up

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_9137.JPG
Bottom container gets its holes for leg inner pipes to go through

DSC_9140.JPG
Ta da the legs r through the holes of course it wasn't that plain sailing I had cut the holes but just smaller than needed so could trim when was ready and get a decent tightness when legs are thru the holes ☺

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_9141.JPG
A front view of gonk progress u see the sheet of wood on top of bottom part of gonk body as mentioned it has holes in it too for poles to come through and it's there to give it a little weight to stand better

DSC_9143.JPG
So after screwing the edging of the bottom part of gonk's body to the wood I then did the same with his top half well hello gonk there you are I finally can see you ☺

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_9142.JPG
I love this view reaching stages like this is so rewarding I love it

DSC_9159.JPG
Got some spray paint ideal for the job the matt grey is perfect

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_9157.JPG
Some material round the part the containers adjoin for a more finished look before spraying ☺

Last edited:
DSC_9162.JPG
And here is gonk spray painted in matt grey ideal colour for the retro him.
He has officially arrived he's come to life still more details to go onto his face part and on other parts of him but plan is to keep him retro as possible and pretty basic as that is closer to true movie gonk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back