1/72 Cloud City Diorama with PG Falcon and FM Slave 1

korben44

Master Member
As the title suggests, this is going to be a project I'm working on while I finish up my Mos Eisley Docking Bay 94 diorama. I realize the two ships wouldn't be parked this close, but to save space, I'm doing it this way:

AEE92288-2969-48B4-BF88-58BEA275EB21.jpeg

Can't wait to see how this one turns out!

I am working (well at this point still daydreaming) on finishing a dio with the Revell Slave-1 ( it's maybe in the 1/76 ti 1/87 range)

I've got some backdrops I can post up if I can find them

You might also consider some Cloud Cars

RetroSF makes an awesome resin one

https://retrokitonline.net/product/cloud-city-aircar

Apart from that, the DiAgostini one is close to 1/72 or the old Kenner die cast is as well

wLChPj7.jpg
RqD1pzx.jpg

Well, I obviously need that cloud car! Thanks for the link! Anything you have to post would be greatly appreciated... I've got some ambitious plans for this diorama... I'll share them once I have it sketched out.

Here is a backdrop someone made when working on their dio.

Unfortunately I can't remember who it was, other than they quite generously were sharing their work for others to use

I believe they were going to print it out on clear sheet and then light it from the back

View attachment 829504

And here are some of the matte painting I've come across

EP5Screen12b.jpg
ESB_8882 (fix).jpg
OM2PXw4-660x528.jpg

Here is a backdrop someone made when working on their dio.

Unfortunately I can't remember who it was, other than they quite generously were sharing their work for others to use

I believe they were going to print it out on clear sheet and then light it from the back

View attachment 829504

And here are some of the matte painting I've come across

View attachment 829505
View attachment 829506
View attachment 829507

The first attachment is showing as invalid... therpf has been having that issue lately. But the other photos show perfectly fine. And will be used for reference! Thanks for posting!

Have fun!

While I haven't finished it yet, I did get about halfway through building it. I kind of stalled since I want to replace the lighting, or at least add additional lighting to make the engines brighter

At any rate, I often found myself ogling all the details of each piece rather than assembling them

A total joy to build

I also love the Fine Molds Slave-1

However I did have some problems lining up the the two main hull halves. It left a nasty seam that needed to be filled and sanded

That was unusual for Fine Molds and I am not sure if maybe that was just something warped on mine, or if other had the same issue

Are you going to try building an interior and opening up the ramp?

I know what you mean when it comes to the fine molds slave 1 kits. I've built two already and think I handled the seams OK. I'll post some pictures here. I will be adding an interior and opening the ramp. I have the bandai slave 1 and will use that as my main reference since it has the interior built.

Here's my 2 fine molds Slave 1's:

slave1_jango_front.jpgslave1_boba_front.jpg

I have one extra of each kit, too... I'm using the Boba one in my Bespin diorama... I still have to figure out what I want to do with Jango's. Maybe something from Kamino?

I know what you mean when it comes to the fine molds slave 1 kits. I've built two already and think I handled the seams OK. I'll post some pictures here. I will be adding an interior and opening the ramp. I have the bandai slave 1 and will use that as my main reference since it has the interior built.

Great work on the pair!

I need to pick one up a Bandai one then. I totally winged it for the interior when I did the Revell Slave-1

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=237589

I still need to work on the platform for it. I'm interested to see what you come up with so I can shamelessly borrow some ideas :)

Will you be adding the extra landing gear boxes to the Falcon? The PG is based on the New Hope Falcon, right?

I made an FM Slave 1 some years ago, modified from the Jango Fett version they put out first...

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=9205

cheers

You are correct. The PG Falcon is based on the ANH version, so I will need to add landing gear boxes to the bottom of this kit. There will be a set available on Shapeways, soon. Just waiting for them to be released. Until then, I have plenty to work on!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back