1/72 Cloud City Diorama with PG Falcon and FM Slave 1

I think it’s clear from photos that there were zero in ANH and six in ESB. Steve did his walkthrough with 8, since he wasn’t sure at the time, I believe. And then the TFA/TLJ set’s had 8. But this is rivet-counting land... :)

Either way, it's fun to see the lights!

Last edited:
I think it’s clear from photos that there were zero in ANH and six in ESB. Steve did his walkthrough with 8, since he wasn’t sure at the time, I believe. And then the TFA/TLJ set’s had 8. But this is rivet-counting land... :)

Either way, it's fun to see the lights!

Well, I couldn't have zero...lol... But it just didn't look right with 6... You're right, though, your research does show 6 on the ESB version. But, maybe by the time the Falcon reached Cloud City, Han and Chewie installed the other two... well, that's how I'm going to look at it anyway!

That being said, your website is the go-to for resources and references. So much love in that site!

Wow! I've just put my pg falcon in the loft as I'm to scared to start it (Inexperienced builder) then I look at your build and get delusions of grandeur. This is an awesome build, keep on inspiring us

Nah! Don't do that. It's a fun build. And one great thing about it being snap-together, with glue optional, is that if you wanted to you could assemble it unpainted and just leave it at that. Then, if you get more confident you could do more work painting it or adding stuff.

Or you could get the 1:144 Falcon, which is pretty cheap, and practice on that.

Nah! Don't do that. It's a fun build. And one great thing about it being snap-together, with glue optional, is that if you wanted to you could assemble it unpainted and just leave it at that. Then, if you get more confident you could do more work painting it or adding stuff.

Or you could get the 1:144 Falcon, which is pretty cheap, and practice on that.

I got a few of the 1:72 bandai ships to practice on, my first big model for lighting and modding is a revell 1:2700 star destroyer. Just waiting for a new air brush and compressor to arrive, My current one is a bit spluttery. I'm hoping a better setup will give me a little more confidence and encourage me to take better care of my tools

Still need to do weathering abs decals to the radar dish. You can see how light the color looks without weathering... Both started out as the same color.

76E0285F-3592-4BD0-8D19-E7E069738B72.jpeg

15BFC27D-0ED2-48D9-93E4-2805BD4C1CD6.jpeg

AC0426BF-5FD9-47FA-873F-38D20FD6DA56.jpeg

D6622585-5937-42F8-B1D1-331B508039ED.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back