1/72 Cloud City Diorama with PG Falcon and FM Slave 1

Well, I thought orientating the cockpit in landing position would be impossible in this FineMolds Slave 1... It was a heck of a lot easier than expected. Here's my progress so far:

D7E5B1B4-429A-4D43-825B-3FC2EA86F6BE.jpeg400EDF08-4BCB-49C6-AFA8-8037292884F9.jpeg

I highly recommend to everyone that you look at picking up some Rub'n Buff stuff. I got a sample pack off ebay of all 12 colors and they are amazing! I have used them before and mine dried up because I broke the caps. In the cockpit pics below I used the silver leaf and ebony ones to give it a more realistic look.

50227895-10EE-4125-B7AE-AF83F67D5834.jpeg

0CE3E21E-5398-461C-8AAC-49C146E3BA56.jpeg263B52D6-DCC3-4340-8BCB-F1EC1D07467C.jpeg

Last edited:
On the table today is the Falcon cockpit and tube... Heavy modifications being done! I'm cutting out the door to allow visibility through the tube towards the cargo hold. I'm using some parts from 30b bits to help:

9A17E12A-7C93-4CFC-87C0-D7DD1CDABE7A.jpeg

Nice work on C3PO with the Rub’n’Buff , he turned out ‘ golden ‘ !;)..., but your paintwork on the R2 unit is exceptionally detailed and clean on such a small scale ! :p , great skills mate .

:cheersGed

nkg;[URL="tel:4504483" said:
4504483[/URL]]Is the R2 painted or are those decals?

Decals... The next one I do I'll hand paint it. This one I did a few years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice work on C3PO with the Rub’n’Buff , he turned out ‘ golden ‘ !;)..., but your paintwork on the R2 unit is exceptionally detailed and clean on such a small scale ! :p , great skills mate .

Thanks, Ged! I wish I could take credit for R2, but the fine detailing was done with decals.

Last edited:
Hey @korben44 ,

In reply to my post - if you’re saying - ‘ God ! you wished you could take credit for R2 ‘ - then sweet ..., but if you’ve made a typo and meant ‘Ged ‘ , then please edit it .
My kids already think I’ve a ‘ swelled ‘ head when it comes to ... basically anything I say today that they don’t agree with ! :lol

It has been edited! Stupid auto correct on my phone... Auto correct is great...until it changes what you want to say into what it thinks you should say...lol...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back