stormtrooper Armor to join 501st.

Thanks, yeah I didn't realize they were back in stock. Looks like $900 is just armor. $1,100 for full package including soft parts, which I have.
Doubt I could get half that.

I dont see anyone wanting to pay that for some what idealized and not fully accurate TK kit with very little lineage. For that price people might as well go with RS. Anovos woll loose money on the tk and not sell very many as they use to.

Things to consider that I don't think have been brought up that should be- your SIZE and FIT.

Unless you're matching the size/weight of an original actor from the original trilogy, your chances of properly fitting into most armor kits are going to come at a price- you will either have to be doing a lot of trimming or a lot of shimming. This is why you can't just simply "buy" pre-built armor outside of RS Props. Yes, their product is amazing, but you're more likely to have fit issues that will very much affect your 501st approval, which is why it is very much a better investment of your time and money to get a kit and build it to yourself. No one in the 501st is going to build it for you on their own time, they will likely help, but the idea of not wanting to do any work for it is kind of the wrong mindset here.

I dont see anyone wanting to pay that for some what idealized and not fully accurate TK kit with very little lineage. For that price people might as well go with RS. Anovos woll loose money on the tk and not sell very many as they use to.

agreed. My guess is that at the time it came out, it was the first and only commercially available "accurate" set of armor and was reasonably priced, especially during the introductory phase of orders. There's a lot more available now and their pricing doesn't reflect that to make it competitive with other makers.

Things to consider that I don't think have been brought up that should be- your SIZE and FIT.

Unless you're matching the size/weight of an original actor from the original trilogy, your chances of properly fitting into most armor kits are going to come at a price- you will either have to be doing a lot of trimming or a lot of shimming. This is why you can't just simply "buy" pre-built armor outside of RS Props. Yes, their product is amazing, but you're more likely to have fit issues that will very much affect your 501st approval, which is why it is very much a better investment of your time and money to get a kit and build it to yourself. No one in the 501st is going to build it for you on their own time, they will likely help, but the idea of not wanting to do any work for it is kind of the wrong mindset here.
Agree... And if you can... sign in at whitearmor(dot)net.. or contacted your local 501st, see their armor upclose, how they suit up in armor, go to armor party and see how they build(how to cut, sanded, gluing, trimming .etc)
... Hope that help.

mine...mine...mine...mine

All good points there regarding size etc. I sometimes forget that aspect since the Scout armor tends to fit a large range of sizes.

Maybe.

For some you are right for sure, but for people like me .... it´s still the armor that matches my wants in regard of the mix between accurate and sanitized. I can have a RS Helmet with all it´s bad surface and wonkiness on display in my living room, but for sure i can´t stand a whole suit, esspecially not one for wearing.

But for sure their new prices willhave a impact on the sales numbers.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back