Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    May 2016
    Messages
    190
    Jul 27, 2018, 12:41 AM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #26

  2. Badwolf234's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Messages
    104
    Jul 27, 2018, 8:54 AM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #27

    Dosnt ship to Australia but I did get some off eBay they just don't have the little lines around the top half

    Other than that they are accurate

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jkkln.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	833422

    Last edited by Badwolf234; Jul 27, 2018 at 9:22 AM.
  3. Badwolf234's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Messages
    104
    Jul 28, 2018, 7:57 AM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #28

    base is done

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4333.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	833563Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4334.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	833564Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4336.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	833565Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4337.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	833566
  4. AKA, Mike Honcho RPF Premium Member Rylo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2000
    Messages
    5,727
    Jul 28, 2018, 3:01 PM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #29

    Just a tip:

    The ribs are actually what grips a properly sized centrifuge rack. Without them, the vials will simply fall out and/or 'launch' whenever one activates the rack.

    Badwolf234 said: View Post
    Dosnt ship to Australia but I did get some off eBay they just don't have the little lines around the top half

    Other than that they are accurate

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jkkln.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	833422
  5. Badwolf234's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Messages
    104
    Jul 28, 2018, 7:46 PM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #30

    i was just going to use the top rib before the cap to act as a stop and because my current design is static i dont have to worry about the spring action maybe in another build i will do a spring loaded rack but in this display one i think the ones i ordered should be alright

    and sadly nobody really has the accurate ones and if they do they either dont ship to australia or they charge a Arm and a leg

    Rylo said: View Post
    Just a tip:

    The ribs are actually what grips a properly sized centrifuge rack. Without them, the vials will simply fall out and/or 'launch' whenever one activates the rack.
    Last edited by Badwolf234; Jul 31, 2018 at 2:18 AM.
  6. The Occupant RPF Premium Member Jintosh's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    From
    Salinas, CA
    Messages
    2,872
    Jul 29, 2018, 11:55 AM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #31

    Badwolf234 said: View Post
    i was just going to use the top rib before the cap to act as a stop and because my current design is static i dont have to worry about the spring action maybe in another build i will do a spring loaded rack but in this display one i think the ones i ordered should be alright

    and sadly nobody really has the accurate ones and if they do they either dont ship to austrlia or they charge a Arm and a leg
    I could ship to Australia for you, but my cost would likely be $14 just for shipping. They are crazy on International rates, as you say.

    (meaning if I bought the right ones you indicate and then shipped them to you in Australia at whatever my cost is)
    Last edited by Jintosh; Jul 29, 2018 at 6:52 PM.
  7. Badwolf234's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Messages
    104
    Jul 29, 2018, 7:59 PM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #32

    New detail added which was on screen used prop

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adsklnvkiadsv.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	833845Click image for larger version. 

Name:	advad.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	833846Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ren4.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	475.4 KB 
ID:	833885Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-4390.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	138.3 KB 
ID:	833886Click image for larger version. 

Name:	officalvictecv2.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	833887
    Last edited by Badwolf234; Jul 30, 2018 at 6:28 AM.
  8. Badwolf234's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Messages
    104
    Jul 30, 2018, 1:19 PM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #33

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender(18).jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	833955Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender(20).jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	833956
  9. robbytherobot's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    60
    Jul 31, 2018, 3:19 AM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #34

    Nice! That was fast! You know your way around a lathe.
    Last edited by robbytherobot; Jul 31, 2018 at 3:24 AM.
  10. Badwolf234's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Messages
    104
    Jul 31, 2018, 3:21 AM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #35

    haha i would of shown it in your new detail thread but didnt want to intrude

    robbytherobot said: View Post
    Nice! That was fast! You know your way around a lathe.
  11. robbytherobot's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    60
    Jul 31, 2018, 3:26 AM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #36

    Feel free. I'm still tempted to try machining one of these but don't know if my mill is stiff enough to make the slots in the cooling unit.

    Badwolf234 said: View Post
    haha i would of shown it in your new detail thread but didnt want to intrude
  12. Badwolf234's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Messages
    104
    Jul 31, 2018, 3:31 AM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #37

    they arent that deep just a couple of mm and you use a ball nose milling bit so its not as rough on machines as end mills

    robbytherobot said: View Post
    Feel free. I'm still tempted to try machining one of these but don't know if my mill is stiff enough to make the slots in the cooling unit.
  13. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Messages
    315
    Jul 31, 2018, 10:44 AM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #38

    Badwolf234 said: View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender(18).jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	833955Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender(20).jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	833956
    Looks great. Any chance you'll offer accurate racks if chronicle ends up not including that detail?
  14. Badwolf234's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Messages
    104
    Jul 31, 2018, 10:39 PM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #39

    connical top was re done AGAIN this time using dimentions from C02 cannister

    added a guide channel for accuracy

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender(18).jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	834352Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender(19).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	834353Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender(20).jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	834354
  15. Badwolf234's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Messages
    104
    Aug 7, 2018, 11:59 PM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #40

    so close to finished just need to glue a can bottom on and still waiting for the Red O-rings just put some elastic bands there for now and wait for the vials to come

    have some barbasol labels printing so will be able to finish the accurate can as well
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4472.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	677.9 KB 
ID:	835492Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4473.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	835493
  16. Member Since
    May 2016
    Messages
    190
    Aug 8, 2018, 1:05 AM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #41

    Fantastic machining. Great job.
  17. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Messages
    315
    Aug 8, 2018, 10:24 AM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #42

    Very nice. The most accurate replica at the moment for sure.
  18. Badwolf234's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Messages
    104
    Aug 8, 2018, 9:13 PM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #43

    well a good day both the labels and the rust red O rings arrived at the same time

    my labels must of been off by a bit because they are a little large but oh well ill eventually get another can and re print them

    here they are together

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	869.0 KB 
ID:	835681Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender(1).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	738.6 KB 
ID:	835682Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender(2).jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	797.3 KB 
ID:	835683Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-4507.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	761.9 KB 
ID:	835684
  19. BrotherWilliam's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    From
    Melbourne, Australia
    Messages
    368
    Aug 9, 2018, 3:14 AM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #44

    This is awesome work. The Cryocan is one of the things on my wishlist. The tip about the American Crew can is great. My own hairdresser uses those products so I'll see what price they might have. With luck they may even be able to give me an empty can if they use that foam.

    Would you be interested in doing a run of the internal parts?
  20. Badwolf234's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Messages
    104
    Aug 9, 2018, 3:49 AM - Re: Jurassic Park Cryo can Build #45

    i mean i wouldnt mind it but im not going to do any more cryo builds or anything until the chronicle comes out because if its more accurate than mine ill probably get one but if not i would do another spring loaded one

    BrotherWilliam said: View Post
    This is awesome work. The Cryocan is one of the things on my wishlist. The tip about the American Crew can is great. My own hairdresser uses those products so I'll see what price they might have. With luck they may even be able to give me an empty can if they use that foam.

    Would you be interested in doing a run of the internal parts?

Similar Threads

  1. Jurassic Park Cryo Can Build
    swampbilly, Replica Props
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Aug 31, 2016, 4:57 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Oct 22, 2011, 5:43 PM
  3. Jurassic Park cryo can fluids?
    David, Replica Props
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Jun 1, 2011, 1:57 PM
  4. Jurassic Park Cryo-Can?
    maximus434, Replica Props
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Dec 17, 2010, 1:43 AM