Darth Vader reveal helmet

Parallely posted this in your S.Shaw thread:

Hey frogfreak

First of all welcome to the RPF.

As you might have realized by now, people are pretty annoyed by these kind of posts. The reason for that is not the topic itself, but the way you handle your inquiries.
Asking...

- Where do I get this?
- How do I make that?
- please feed me info about XY?

...gives the impression (!), that you didn´t care to do any kind of research/ "homework" yourself.

My advice: Start using google in addition to the search function of the RPF. Be AWARE, that not all info is found on page ONE...some projects may date back to the last decade, so you have to scroll and browse through the search results.

Once you did that, tell people about the questions, which remained unanswered and/ or ask specificly about a part.
You´ll see, that the RPF family is not only an amalgation of some of the most talented and skilled people on this planet, but it is also VERY willing to help and -mostly- sharing all available informations with regards to props, costumes etc.

Back on topic:
I remember a 3D modeled S.Shaw head sculpt here on the RPF...do not know about the status.
There´s also Jörg Steegmüllers sculpt worth checking out plus some recasts (!?) of the Sideshow VR bust popping up on ebay from time to time.

If yoú really want to make your own, start collecting reference pictures and make yourself familiar with the techniques, materials and tools you intend to use (3D modelling, sculpting etc.) there is a sh**load of helpful video tutorials available on the internet :)

There´s also a lot of information in kurtyboy´s, Kroenen77´s and bengrim´s threads, dedicated to the VR.
In addition to that there is a Vader Real builders club/ forum (use google), which might not be very active, but still contains TONS of useful information.

See you in a week, when you return from doing your research...THEN restart and live the RPF experience :cool

I so wish someone did a comprehensive Vader Reveal helmet kit......

Yes, i AM lazy....but, at least i'd paint it myself...:p

Rich

There is still Portumac and that chinese vendor of VR masks/ helmets.
Natty15D used to sell a full VR kit over a decade ago...now the community is pestering Mark from CfO to offer a VR kit, based on his ROTJ helmets ;)

Natty15D used to sell a full VR kit over a decade ago...now the community is pestering Mark from CfO to offer a VR kit, based on his ROTJ helmets ;)

The "community"are 10 VR crazy fans.And when he has finished the kit 5 of them are out of money!That´s the real life.:lol

And who in china makes accurate VR masks?Portys is also not really accurate.

I was to late for a Natty15D kit, some items were nicely made, that’s why I’m still researching and building my own bits as there aren’t any screen accurate parts available anywhere, if mark offers up a 3 piece reveal helmet I’m probably up for one as I haven’t the nerve to cut up the CFO helmet I bought from him for my reveal

I found some expanders.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Darth-Vader-dental-expander-for-helmet-prop-replica-ROTJ/153159400145?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.S

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Darth-Vader-dental-expander-for-neck-brace-prop-replica-ROTJ/153187116460?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.S

Though the description says brass they look like plastic.

No they don’t ( shame ) but a very good replacement until real ones turn up

I think copys of real ones are the best option.I use them on my mask.

@frogfreak:That are copys of the real ones from what I can see.But a lot too expensive.I can make you a resinset cheaper if you want.You must always paint the copys(metal or resin)because you can never match the color of the real ones with another material.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really you would do that for me?! Thank you but like I said I can't get stuff right now. Oh and would you be able to make linkages and some other parts for me too or just the expanders.

The "community"are 10 VR crazy fans.And when he has finished the kit 5 of them are out of money!That´s the real life.:lol

And who in china makes accurate VR masks?Portys is also not really accurate.

Where did I say anything about the chinese or Portumac´s VR being accurate? ;)
I was just pointing out alternative sources to frogfreak.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back