Solo's Winning sabacc hand?

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
Does anyone know what exact cards Han was holding to win the Falcon?

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 6.18.22 PM.png

I think I can figure out the top and bottom card,
The second card from the left could be a couple of options (4 or 5)
The third card is problematic.

You might try checking this out: Star Wars Card Games and others #65

Thanks but I'm not sure that really helps me.

Also, if you click the number of a post, it will take your browser too a link for that post. And you can copy and paste that so you can direct a person to exactly what you want to show them. Like this: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=286020&page=3&p=4470471&viewfull=1#post4470471

Edit..

ok maybe it did help me more than I thought.

If the goal is to get zero using positive and negative cards, tether I see two aces, one red and one green. They cancel each other out. I can also see that there is a green five square card based on what is seen in the space visible. The last card is green and appears to be a triangle. Assuming that Han achieved zero, that card would have to be another Five card. If you look at how close the triangle is to the edge of the colored row, it looks like it is space for five.

top to bottom
Red Ace of triangles
Green Five of squares
Red Five of triangles
Green Ace of triangles

Thoughts.

Last edited:
Also, the now Legends info had four suits: Staves, Flasks, Coins, and Sabers. It seems now that there are just 3 suits. Do the suits have names established for the new canon?

it looks as if it could be...
circles are coins
triangles are flasks
squares are staves
sabers has been eliminated

That's my read on it, but time will tell. Some have thought that the triangles look more like swords, so in that case the squares would be either staves or flasks. That thread has a lot of information on the Corellian Spike deck, which is very interesting.
And thanks for the tip on how to send a person to the right place! As I'm kind of new here, I appreciate all the help I can get!.

As to the Falcon-winning hand, if the thread I referenced is correct, it looks to me like -7, +4, -4, +7.

Last edited:
As to the Falcon-winning hand, if the thread I referenced is correct, it looks to me like -7, +4, -4, +7.

Can't be a four. Look at the second card from the top and at the last visible square on the left on the band facing you. Notice how it is directly over the center of the middle of the card (you can tell the middle the way the design as a column going to the center. If it were only four, the pips would be lopsided.

I think you're right! I had to test it out in Illustrator to see it. I agree it is a five rather than a four. Then it would have a square in the center. So it would be -7, +5, -5, +7.

If they are using old suit names, I hope it turns out the triangles are flasks. Would like to keep sabers out of Sabacc.

here is the type of flasks I am thinking of....

CE-FLAISET__44996.1503517925.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back