My A-Wing

jake88

Sr Member
Just one shot.... pretty nice fit on this Bandai!
aw.jpg

It doesn't look bad...it almost looks like kind of texture you see on older sheet metal that has rusted and then been repainted.

The reddish color is a mix of Valejo red darkened with a dash of black and a bit of brown. Couldn't match it again if I had to. :)

On a future post, about the Bandai INTERNAL engineering of the 1:350 scale Falcon, I'm going to go off on a tirade. I don't believe the engineering is good...I'd actually say it verges on borderline incompetent.

Whoever made the external structures and detailing did a mostly superb job (although it feels like many things were forgotten about, because "nobody would ever notice".)

But, the internal skeleton of the Bandai small kits is a farce. They barely fit, and it's required a lot of scraping and whittling to bring the model back down to correct proportions and fit. When I look at people doing their builds, I'm astonished this hasn't been mentioned before.

Thanks J! The Bandai engineering is so so good, I just wish they were a tad bit bigger.... but ah well...

View attachment 827429View attachment 827430View attachment 827431View attachment 827432View attachment 827433

Thanks Carnet. that texture is Valspar dull coat...... never again.... But The canopy was cleared in Future and that made a great difference.

Congratulations on a beautiful looking build jake88 .
Just having purchased a bottle of Future and never having used it before , I’d like to know if you paint the canopy frame before or after applying the future coat ?

:cheersGed

Last edited by a moderator:
On this model, the frame was separate. So I dipped the canopy in the future and the next day snapped on the black framework. If I would have had to paint it Im not sure in what order I would have worked it. If someone has good info please chime in.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back