Batman yellow utility belt

Eli Portala

I'm working on classic style batman utility belt with big pouches and buckle I want to have this feeling when you look at it you don't know what comic it's from but you can see that it takes the likeness form utility belt threw the years with the bigness being from Frank Millers the Dark knight returns and the bright yellow form the early days (1940's) also with the buckle having almost the same color as new utility belts we've seen in the movies Batman Begins and so on.

But I am having trouble seeing is that this is my first time ever making something cosplay on this scale I'm not sure on how to connect the buckle to the leather belt so that it buckles in the front? I don't like the cosplay utility belts that go together in the back because I feel the more real you can make a cosplay the more it brings your viewers into the so called universe but I draw the line at guns and knives those can remain fake.

I'm looking for ideas, suggestions anything you can possible think of to help here is a picture of what i have so far if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

55183301677--5678127A-EC02-49D5-9995-1921DB3FFF09.JPG

Last edited:
If you have a buckle appearance you like get it modeled working for 3d printing. You could make a fake buckle that slides over/disguises a small real buckle. I, personally, would go the 3d printed route.

There are 2 ways to do this: 1. If you want a fully functional belt, with lots of items on it, then you have to make a functional buckle to held it all in place, means you have to install mechanics to the resin buckle (it seems to be one of the great generic designs of Artsee1, Paul). 2. If the belt will be not stressed with weight then you can attach velcro on the back of the buckle with superglue, and sewing the other part of the velcro onto the leather. leaving the pouches empty or filled with cotton balls.

Not my thing , but I've done other belts..I would make the buckle fixed & strong..at the back under the cloak I would put an elasticated part say about 6 to 8 inches so you could slip it on and not worry how it fastened..

I used camera and ammo pouches for my homemade belt, then painted them yellow. I found functional ones big enough to hold my wallet and keys so I didn't have to worry about hidden pockets on my comic book batsuit.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back