Motorcycle Judge Boots 'upgrade'

Sterlacchini

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Decided to dig out my Planet Replicas Judge costumes and do some repairs and 'upgrades'.

They've been lent out to numerous people and events, including the Royal Armouries and a bunch of filming, so they've had a tough life.

Something I always wanted to do was tackle the motorcycle boots. They're very rigid and unforgiving. When filming Judge Minty we created a quick 'stunt' version which chopped the bike boots to bits and attached them to some walking boots. Basically ankle boots with greaves.

These boots were destroyed during filming, so I thought I'd attempt to make a more finished version.

First up, chop down the motorcycle boots. I've just positioned them on some old walking boots to test it works.

42325749394_6e3ebda90f_b.jpg

Whilst I'm at it, I may as well tidy the boots up by removing some of the branding and replacing it.

42142131435_dc86341ebe_b.jpg

I'm waiting for some cheap chelsea boots to arrive. I also hope to add an ankle holster for my Mark I Lawgiver.

Attachments

• 42142131435_dc86341ebe_b.jpg
    42142131435_dc86341ebe_b.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 172
A little bit of progress.

New cheap work boots have arrived. Painted green, strap attached.

First clip (of at least 2) for Lawgiver attached and seems to work

29193284328_14a26aea6b_h.jpg

I still need to add extra emblems to the back of the boots.

The two clips on the Lawgiver aren't quite strong enough, but I've got an idea for a third fastner which I think will do the trick.

29203227258_51e39fb060_b.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back