Emporer palpatine throne

GEEK1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys...so this is a bit of a rush job for a client and hopefully a fairly quick build that I'm fitting in between other stuff...u know how it goes

So I found a pretty decent 1/6 scale file on Thingiverse of the throne and with a bit of editing and remodelling I scaled it up x 6

Every printed piece is filled with PU foam and assembled, then given a fibreglass shell...here's where I'm at

bhVqWoXm.jpg
GTAqmPAm.jpg
fmG29sjm.jpg
TGHkBTdm.jpg

It's a mighty big and heavy piece of furniture to be sure but it is for the supreme ruler of the galaxy

So flippin cool.
Been sayin for ever that I'm gonna build me this throne.
More pics please?
I actually was just watching ROTJ today and really noticed how rough the finish was on it.
Any demensions or schematics you have on it that you'd be willing to share?
Robert

oh cool! if this is half as good as your landspeeder, this is going to be awesome! :thumbsup

So flippin cool.
Been sayin for ever that I'm gonna build me this throne.
More pics please?
I actually was just watching ROTJ today and really noticed how rough the finish was on it.
Any demensions or schematics you have on it that you'd be willing to share?
Robert

Should be able to get all the measurements you want from multiplying the original model x 6 https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1274287

So finally got all the Bondo finished... It seems there really is no such thing as a quick build in the Star Wars universe

bJ0e4aVm.jpg
bLeYTaEm.jpg

Next up, adding the other control panels on the arms and the greeblies on the capital...and then paint

Last edited:
Absolutely fantastic!

What did you use for the pedestal? Does it allow for rotation?

Thanks...I actually used a ribbed drain access riser. And yes the bottom of the chair has a hole cut into it which the riser plugs into and swivels

Amazing work as always!

How much does that sucker weigh???

Cheers dude...not sure of the actual weight but it takes 2 men to carry it

As promised, as I have a throne, I thought I'd have myself a go at Palpatine too. Casting a silicone head and hands for the miserable old git to fix onto a sitting mannequin

Here's the head

fpajftWl.jpg
cn42qOal.jpg

The chair is an incredible replica... you're not going to use it as a chair? I would love to sit in that.... looking at it thought, I bet it's not terribly comfortable. Great work.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back