Babylon 5 - Warp's Omega and Black Omega difference?

Pixelworks

Hi All,
I am looking for a good kit of the Babylon 5 Omega Destroyer. To be honest, Warp models is the only one I could find, but they seem to have 2 different kits... one is the Omega Destroyer, and the other one is called the Black Omega Advanced destroyer. Does anyone know what the difference is between the two? Has any one built the one or the other?
Thanks

Last edited:
Black Omega were the ones that got modified with shadow technology to fight against the White Star fleet at the end of the civil war.

It has the Shadow weapon spikes and the hull has that same black/gray texture as the Shadow ships (IIRC that pattern was based on a dog's nose)
Personally I do not care for them much- the original Omega class ships look much better

Hi All,
I am looking for a good kit of the Babylon 5 Omega Destroyer. To be honest, Warp models is the only one I could find, but they seem to have 2 different kits... one is the Omega Destroyer, and the other one is called the Black Omega Advanced destroyer. Does anyone know what the difference is between the two? Has any one built the one or the other?
Thanks

This is the WARP Omega Destroyer;
imageproxy.jpg

This is the WARP Enhanced Omega Destroyer;
babylon-shadows-advanced-destroyer_360_d0c076658b13e2d3f8f810f9df6fc862.jpg

That is still one of the best Babylon 5, if not scifi overall, scenes. Most of it is Ivanova's speech!

I forgot to add, that I had the original Omega kit that I started work on and it was pretty good at that point (5 years or so). I ended up selling it to focus on SW stuff. It has good detail, though it was missing some detail on the pieces that sit on top and bottom of the engines, which I started to scratchbuild. There's a guy over on Starship Modeler doing a huge meter long 3D printed version which looks awesome.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back