Where do you get your undersuit for a Star Wars costume/armor

Seth Skywalker

Where can I get a not so expensive undersuit, strong enough for to hold up armor but still flexible, durable, and stretchy? Color can be deep red, grey, or black. Thanks for bearing with me and all my questions everyone!:)

Depends on the armor type. Are we talking TK armor, or Mandalorian armor, or something else?

The TK undersuit, as far as I know, doesn't have the armor directly attached to it. It's all straps and harnesses, I believe. And I'm pretty sure they wear a form fitting body glove, like under armor.

Mandos are completely different, in that their armor attaches to a flak vest, or in the case of some pieces, directly to the flight suit. Here, flight suits can be anything from actual military flight suits, to coveralls, 2 piece sets of scrubs or other work wear, that appears to be a one piece suit when all other items are worn.

My costume are Jawa's... I used 2 piece model Baselayer/undersuit... Shirt(long sleeved) and pants, it's great when you gonna go to the toilet :) ... No brand, I think it's made in china or something.... And if the weather are very hot/humid which is almost every days here in Jakarta, Indonesia LOL! ...i just wear my undersuit shirt and shorts.
But if your armor are TK, then you have to wear 1 piece or 2 pieces black model undersuit.
Hope that helps.

mine...mine...mine...mine

Depends on the armor type. Are we talking TK armor, or Mandalorian armor, or something else?

The TK undersuit, as far as I know, doesn't have the armor directly attached to it. It's all straps and harnesses, I believe. And I'm pretty sure they wear a form fitting body glove, like under armor.

Mandos are completely different, in that their armor attaches to a flak vest, or in the case of some pieces, directly to the flight suit. Here, flight suits can be anything from actual military flight suits, to coveralls, 2 piece sets of scrubs or other work wear, that appears to be a one piece suit when all other items are worn.
I am making pepakura armor for this costume. However only the arms, legs and pelvis armor will be attached to the undersuit. Would you suggest attaching it directly to the undersuit or attaching it with straps?

Ooh, forgot to put a link that i found
https://www.sportsdirect.com/outdoor-clothing/mens-outdoor-clothing/mens-baselayer
Hope that help...
Utinii...!!

mine...mine...mine...mine
I'll take a look into it, thanks!

Ah, ok. Pretty sure they just use straps. I know a bunch of Sith Acolytes in the Dark Empire costume club, I'll ask over there and see how they attach those pieces.

Geeee, thanks Konvyn. I remember that was were I got my idea to make a Sith acolyte costume from, but I never saw the vidieos, only the build thread. Straps fro the abdomen as I see, ill take a look at the rest of the vids later on. Thanks!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back