Gerry Anderson's Stingray

Kingmob

Stand by for action!

I want a small scale Stingray to round out my shelf of Gerry Anderson stuff. However, none of the available models are accurate or detailed for my liking.
So that means I'm going to throw styrene and putty at it until I make my own.

I found a place that has good othrographic views, and while it more complicated than I've done before, it's something I think I can manage.
http://lester.demon.nl/superm/stingray/stingray.html

The problem however is the impeller. It's a very complicated piece that I would like to be somewhat accurate.
One thought is to use a lid from a tube of something, but It might take a while of measuring things in shops with calipers...

I'm hoping that someone here has a good way to scratch build something like that quickly and easily.

Your best bet might be to get someone to 3d print you one in clear resin. It should not be a difficult item to model in CAD if you can provide the dimensions.

Might help

Attachments

• stingrayblueprint (1).jpg
    stingrayblueprint (1).jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 195
Your best bet might be to get someone to 3d print you one in clear resin. It should not be a difficult item to model in CAD if you can provide the dimensions.
I'm planning on getting a resin 3d printer as a birthday/Christmas present for myself, so might be something I have to wait for...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back