Replicating Brushed Gold Paint

Qumair84

I want to replicate a brushed gold kind of paint to touch up or repaint my fake Rolex band. Is there a way to match the paint for cheap or should I try to do a gloss or almost chrome look for it.

unnamed.jpgroughband.jpg

Funny enough, ive just been trying to do the exact thing for a nerf gun mod im working on. Check out this tested vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b_0pJTKWGo

In it they paint a brushed steel robot body using alclad laquer. I simply copied the technique but replaced the steel paint with a gold one, i.e. spray with a gloss black base coat, apply a thin layer of metallic laquer, use wire wool or emery cloth or something to brush unidirectionally over the top metallic layer giving it a brushed look, then clear coat it.

This is not a real Rolex, so this is basically a cheap band. Go on eBay and search gold and silver watch band. Find the right mm size for your needs and you should be able to find one close tho this really cheap.

Funny enough, ive just been trying to do the exact thing for a nerf gun mod im working on. Check out this tested vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b_0pJTKWGo

In it they paint a brushed steel robot body using alclad laquer. I simply copied the technique but replaced the steel paint with a gold one, i.e. spray with a gloss black base coat, apply a thin layer of metallic laquer, use wire wool or emery cloth or something to brush unidirectionally over the top metallic layer giving it a brushed look, then clear coat it.

This is interesting and I hadn't seen it before, however they are painting it onto resin figures while my band is stainless steel (I assume.) I can try it out on a separate piece of metal before hand to test it out before directly applying it though. I'll also look into metal paints for airbrushes, once my airbrush is repaired. Thank you!

This is not a real Rolex, so this is basically a cheap band. Go on eBay and search gold and silver watch band. Find the right mm size for your needs and you should be able to find one close tho this really cheap.

I have tried this however I found that most bands on eBay or similar vendors don't have the correct latch that mine does. I am fond of mine because it has the correct Rolex branding on it, while other bands online are just simple plain stainless steel.

This is interesting and I hadn't seen it before, however they are painting it onto resin figures while my band is stainless steel (I assume.) I can try it out on a separate piece of metal before hand to test it out before directly applying it though. I'll also look into metal paints for airbrushes, once my airbrush is repaired. Thank you!

I have tried this however I found that most bands on eBay or similar vendors don't have the correct latch that mine does. I am fond of mine because it has the correct Rolex branding on it, while other bands online are just simple plain stainless steel.

They are painting onto resin, yes, but you dont need apply paint directly onto the metal, you should apply a primer first. The primer sticks to the surface and the paint sticks to the primer. In fact in the video the black they applied first was actually a primer. There is no reason you couldnt apply a metal primer to your watch, then apply the black alclad primer and then the gold xD.

How about searching "replica Rolex watch bands online"? Many Replica/fake watch websites sell them.

Here is one...
https://www.parwatches.com/Watches-Bracelets.html

They are painting onto resin, yes, but you dont need apply paint directly onto the metal, you should apply a primer first. The primer sticks to the surface and the paint sticks to the primer. In fact in the video the black they applied first was actually a primer. There is no reason you couldnt apply a metal primer to your watch, then apply the black alclad primer and then the gold xD.
Oh yea I guess you're right. Well I'll order some paints and replacement parts for my airbrush and start soon.

How about searching "replica Rolex watch bands online"? Many Replica/fake watch websites sell them.

Here is one...
https://www.parwatches.com/Watches-Bracelets.html

These are good however none fit my watches band size, but I'll keep an eye out for further bands online in the future if the painting thing doesnt work out.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back