Good website for scifi news?

I used to love io9 until the actual journalists were all replaced by semi-literate fanboy bloggers.

https://www.scifinow.co.uk/

There is Sci-Fi Now. But yeah I wish they were more good sites which were exclusive to sci-fi movies and TV shows.

I love comic book movies and though they fall in the realm of sci-fi, it has become its own sub genre. So when I mean sci-fi I don't want the site to be filled with comic book movie news, as there are plenty of sites which already do that. Same goes with horror. Of course when some movies do mix horror and sci-fi, it's valid to cover those films. Sci-Fi and Fantasy are also frequently clubbed together including during award categories, but I am okay with that.

The problem with lot of these sites today is that they can't survive by covering purely sci-fi news cause the content is comparatively lower in numbers than the rest. So they cater to all genres.

The problem with lot of these sites today is that they can't survive by covering purely sci-fi news cause the content is comparatively lower in numbers than the rest. So they cater to all genres.

It's crazy that when 3/4 of the top grossing scifi films of all time, that this is true

Horror has tons of dedicated legit news sites-- sci fi should totally get the same treatment. Bloody disgusting survives by covering everything from books, comics, low budget indy horror, and selling ad space to studio horror releases.

Fangoria made a return to print... you know what I miss? STARLOG magazine!

Yeah Bloody Disgusting has the best coverage for horror. Fangoria had announced Starlog would return as a website and then as a digital magazine. Of course nothing much happened after that.

...you know what I miss? STARLOG magazine!

AMEN! I remember WAY back in the 70s, waking up early Saturday mornings (after watching cartoons of course) riding my bike to the local "Smoke Shop" and reading Starlog Mag with ANY news / updates about Star Wars!

Good Times :)

AMEN! I remember WAY back in the 70s, waking up early Saturday mornings (after watching cartoons of course) riding my bike to the local "Smoke Shop" and reading Starlog Mag with ANY news / updates about Star Wars!

Good Times :)
Remeber those precious low resolution newsprint production stills printed on those pulp pages? Movies were usually better in your imagination from those stills than the movies when you finally got to watch them - in my case, when I saw them on VHS. (I couldn't get into the "R" rated movies).

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back