Frost Wyrm Arthas - Full 3D Print Armor build

Grampsee

Hey all!

So usually my thing is bodysuits. Been doing Spidey and spidey related things for a few years now but I'm stepping way out of my comfort zone for this one. Never actually done a full armor build before (heck, never made a single piece of armor at all) but I've always had the desire to give it a shot. I do have a background in basic 3D modelling so my approach is going to be modelling and printing a majority of the pieces.

My target build is a bit of a mix of an alternate skin for the Lich King in the game Heroes of the Storm. 90% of the build is his Frost Wyrm skin which looks like this

e9LbCL7

G6XvYev.jpg

But I love his helm way too much to not wear it so I'm stealing his helm from another skin in the game. So here's what the final SHOULD look like when all is said and done.

8FfTh6c.jpg

I was able to extract the game files to have a basic model to work off as a base but if any of you know game models, you know they're super low poly and have basically no detail.

OL6dkmC.jpg

So, decided it was time for me to experiment and tryout ZBrush. Never actually used it before but seems like it would suit the job well. Spent a few days tinkering around and watching tutorials to get a hang of the basics. Still by no means am I efficient with it at all but I can seem to handle it well enough. Here's what I started with and currently where I'm at with the helm

RLqJAFa.jpg

That's all I got for now. More to come

So I had finished printing and assembling the helm and came to the very sad realization the scale was off and it was about 10% too big. So resized, reprinted and reassembled it. Fits!
VNPp9Xx.png

Just finished modeling the shoulders and moving on to printing

C4qid7Q.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking into doing something similar for a Doomslayer cosplay. Any recommendations tutorial wise on learning how to get those game files and make them all ready for 3D printing? That helmet looks amazing by the way. Definitely following this build.

Pieces for the first shoulder dragon skull printed and ready to go
bBSzx4c.jpg

And here it is assembled with the pieces for the base it goes on printed
hRk3leo.jpg

I'm looking into doing something similar for a Doomslayer cosplay. Any recommendations tutorial wise on learning how to get those game files and make them all ready for 3D printing? That helmet looks amazing by the way. Definitely following this build.

Getting game files changes a lot from game to game so for Doom I won't be much help. Honestly it was so much trial and error for each step to get the files I'm using I couldn't even tell you exactly what I did step by step. All just started with a google search and experimenting with different methods to solve issues that would popup. Sorry that's not much help

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back