Thoughts about the movie Saturn 3? anyoneold enough to see it in the theatre?

I'd like to see a remake, use Tom Selleck and Amber Heard when she was younger and before she went bananas, or maybe that Joi girl from BR2049. Can you imagine how cool it could be with todays special effects tech

Even as a kid in the 80$ the creepy thing to me was the old , way older guy and the chick.... The robot and the gore was cool, though.. Like star wars mashed with road warriors gore...

This is the kind of movie that should get a remake. Instead of remaking classics that try to recapture their nostalgia and glory, remakes should focus on movies that had killer concepts, but poor, or badly aged, executions. I have a list of such movies, cool ideas, bad execution:

The Wraith
Masters of the Universe
Scanners
Children of the Corn
Van Helsing

Or awesome older movies whose themes and concepts are more timely than ever:

Red Dawn
Blue Thunder
Running Man
Strange Days

No taction contact! Lol! The commercial made it look hella cool. I was too young to see it but wanted to. I'd kill for the black helmet or one of the white suits.

No taction contact! Lol! The commercial made it look hella cool. I was too young to see it but wanted to. I'd kill for the black helmet or one of the white suits.

Someone on the forum owns the screen used black helmet. I was at his house last night and we were laughing at the wonderful cheesiness of the movie.

what did people think of it when it came out?
Most of the people I knew who saw it remembered moments here and there that stood out for them for one reason or another (insert Farrah Fawcett topless jokes here), but almost every one of them (myself included) ultimately thought it was boring and poorly acted. Also, considering Douglas' and Fawcett's characters were supposed to be in love, there was little to no chemistry between them so that aspect of the story was completely unrealistic and unbelievable. I only saw it the one time, and I barely remember any of it.

I was too young to see it in the theater. I was born in '80. I was completely unaware of the movie until I bought a DVD copy around 2008.

I remember it was decent, with some cheese that simply comes from the era. I'm going to have to find the Blu Ray now, just to see the entire film.

I remember seeing this, Outland, and Star Trek TMP for 1 dollar. I spent all day, walking from one show to another. This was back when they didn't ck tickets often. I guess I still owe the theatre 2 bucks. Well considering the quality of these movies , maybe they owe me money, ; )

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back