Help Painting Deathstroke urethane rubber

C1RCA

hi all

I bought a urethane rubber deathstroke costume from Arkham origins

i'm looking for paints that bonds to urethane rubber that is in Silver , blue and orange

any suggestions ?

Check out angelus paints. They are made for leather but are designed to be very flexible and can be brushed or airbrushed.

have you done this yourself?

I've sponged and brushed it on leather and faux leather accessory pieces (it doesn't come in spray unless you use an airbrush) but I've not tried to use it on large urethane pieces. It's worked well for the applications I've done, but you might want to do some more research depending on the scale of the pieces and effects/coverage you're looking for.

what about bjb enterprises ? i just ran into a video of a guy that used them for his batman costumes , want to know if i can just smooth on aluminium powder for pigment with that product?

Yes BJB paints work just fine.
You have to prep your pieces prior to painting. Mix it up, and airbrush using whatever powders you want.
It is not a 100 percent permanent solution (no paint really is) so be prepared to do some touch ups.

Yes BJB paints work just fine.
You have to prep your pieces prior to painting. Mix it up, and airbrush using whatever powders you want.
It is not a 100 percent permanent solution (no paint really is) so be prepared to do some touch ups.

What do I need to do for prep work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wipe with their thinner, use their primer and paint.

They don't have silver and I need silver for battle damage , you have a suggestion, was looking at silver pigment from other companies but not sure what to look for

They don't have red either lol... This was painted with their paints and red powders. You need silver powders.
IMG_3974.JPG

I'm just looking for something that looks like metal , iv not sure what I'm looking for when look for powders

What red did you use and what’s your method of application? I’m having issues sometimes with the color sticking to the piece. Sometimes I find it can be rubbed off and peeled away. Maybe my coats are too thick or I’m not allowing enough time between coats. I’ll try thinner more spaced out coats on my next attempt

Last edited:
Ben experimenting with several different reds and methods on my urethane pieces. Think I came up with one I like but I need to see if it bonded correctly with the urethane. Also using BJB SC89 clear coatings.
note: the paint can in the pics was just for color comparison, as I’m trying to match it.

Attachments

• 358B59C9-E31E-4A7F-8D10-28B97EB79FFA.jpeg
    358B59C9-E31E-4A7F-8D10-28B97EB79FFA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 173
  • 0465F57B-FB6F-410B-AE19-25BCB7D80383.jpeg
    0465F57B-FB6F-410B-AE19-25BCB7D80383.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back